REGISTRATION FOR ALBANY COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION LAWYER REFERRAL PROGRAM 2015
The following is the understanding respecting referrals:
1. The registry of lawyers shall be maintained on a rotating basis.
2. The usual relationship of attorney & client shall exist & be preserved as if the client had directly consulted the lawyer.
3. The client shall call at the lawyer's office & will pay to the lawyer a referred a fee of $25, in advance, for a consultation of one-half hour. The lawyer's fee is to cover conference & advice only & does not include the preparation of letters or documents. That for further services, the fee will be such as may be agreed upon between the client & the lawyer & shall be consistent with the prevailing rate of charges in the community.
4. The ACBA merely performs the services of arranging for an applicant to consult a lawyer; the ACBA assumes no responsibility of any kind or nature respecting the person referred or otherwise; the ACBA makes no representation concerning any lawyer to whom the applicant is referred except that such lawyer is licensed in the profession.
5. The attorney will be restricted to only being listed on a total of seven categories.
The Charge is $75.00 for any two categories; $100.00 for up to four categories and then $15 for each additional category after that:Administrative Law
Elder Law (Health Care Proxy, Living Wills)
Estates, Wills & Trusts
Immigration & Naturalization
Insurance Law / Intellectual Property Law
Landlord & Tenant
Malpractice - Dental
Malpractice - Legal
Malpractice - Medical
Medical Prof. Discipline (def. the medical practitioners)
Matrimonial & Divorce
Negligence & Tort
Patents, Trademarks & Copyrights
Police Brutality Cases
Prison Tort Cases
Public Utility Law
Retirement & Pension
Social Security Law (SSD, SSI)
Vehicle & Traffic Law
Name of Malpractice Carrier / Policy #
Is your office able to help non-English speakers? What languages?
Are you licensed to practice in any states other than NY?
Are you willing to travel? / Are you willing to accept cases on a contingency basis?
What counties do you practice in?