September 9, 2015
Present: Linda Stuckey (MCF), Sarah Hartman (MID), Jan Anderson (MAD), Debbie Bird (SUN), Dennis Reynolds (MAD), Kate Odahowski (MAD), Molly Warren (MAD), Vicky Billings (STP), Amy Gannaway (SCLS), Recorder: Michelle Karls (SCLS).
- Call to order at 9:33 am.
- Introduction of guests/visitors. None.
- Changes/additions to the agenda. None.
- Requests to address the Committee. None.
- Approval of previous meeting minutes. The committee approved the minutes from July via consensus.
- Discussion/Action items.
- Updates:The policy changes were all approved by ILS Committee. Amy updated the policy web pages and the Linking manual to reflect the changes. She sent an email alerting libraries to the changes and the changes are being incorporated into training. The Linking Update webinar, which will be recorded and available later this year, will review the changes.
- Teaching Company CD sets:Amy added some language to Section III of the Linking Manual to makeit clear that both the DVDs and CDs can be circulated together unless there are existing separate records already in Koha.
- New Shelving location request from CBR:Cambridge requested adding the Shelving Location “LHR” for their Local History Room (75+ items), which was created as part of their remodeling project. There was already a Shelving Location for Local History Room, 2nd Floor. The LHR Shelving Location was added.
- Survey: cataloging of phonics sets:We talked about this at the last meeting. Amy sent out a survey. Most responsesstate that the phonics sets should be circulatedtogether.This should be added to the Searching and Matching policy. J. Anderson moved to add to the Searching and Matching policy under Multi-part titles: Fiction/Non-fiction books “Children’s phonics books that are packaged as a set : Together.”S Hartman seconded. Vote: motion passed. This will be sent to the ILS Committee.
- Generic Dies: Amy and Shawn have been planning to form a workgroup. The committee discussed this and decided that instead of a workgroup, we should do another survey asking library stafffor information on how they would prefer to request die cut letters and numbers. Do they prefer thewhole set or do they prefer to request individual letters/numbers? The committee created a survey, and Amy will send the survey out to youth services librarians, with a deadline of Sept. 30. (link to survey)
- The next meeting is scheduled for November 11, 2015 at 9:30 am at SCLS Headquarters.