Isle Brewers Guild, LLC–Pawtucket, RI
Isle Brewers Guild ishiring a Brewing Technician, who isresponsible for executing all production activity in the brewery including milling, brewhouse operations, Work-in-process lab testing, CIP of all related equipment, cleaning and housekeeping of all areas of the facility, and GMP documentation of all procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following:
- performgrain handling, brewhouse, laboratory, and all other operations to process and clarify beerfor timely release to cellar operations.
- Perform quality assurance testing, sensory testing and GMP documentation of all activities.
- Work with Brewing Supervisor to coordinate and prioritize all required production activities (including cleaning, brewing, cellar work, and occasionally assisting in other functional areas of the brewery).
- Successfully complete initial and ongoing training to ensure compliance with safety regulations and SOP’s.
- perform necessary maintenance on equipment as directed.
- Perform daily status checks on all processing equipment to ensure that high pressure boiler, glycol chiller, compressor, pumps and all equipment are functioning properly and fluid levels and process parameters are within optimal operating specifications.
- Attend a daily shift meeting and understand expectations,tasks, and discuss Key Performance Indicators to track performance in Safety, Quality, Cost, and On-time Delivery.
- Ensure that the brewery and cellar are clean and organized at all times.
- Perform Cycle Counts and track appropriate inventory levels of raw materials, chemicals, personal protective equipment and other production department consumables and equipment.
- Identify production questions and issues, and follow up as needed with management.
- Respond to accidents and safety concerns, respond appropriately to incidents and near misses and assist in required investigations, root cause analysis, corrective actions, and documentation.
- Be a positive, professional collaborator and first line of contact with Isle Brewers’ multiple brewing partners. (yes, a people person)
- 1+years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have at least 1years’ experience running/operating a complex brewhouse system (30bbl+).
- Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting ability
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficient with Computer systems including MS software programs. Must be able to learn and accurately utilize automated brewery operation system.
- Ability to endure on a daily basis, extensive walking, standing, kneeling, crouching, and lifting (excess of 60lbs)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, work from elevated areas, and wear a respirator and/or hearing protection when required by the job.
- Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions and Hot and Cold room environments
To be considered for this position, send resume and cover letter to
Isle Brewers Guild, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background check required.