NOMINATION FORM - 2017 YOUTH ACHIEVER AWARDS
The Youth Achievers program is an annual event coordinated by the Youth Councils of Warrnambool and Moyne, providing the community with the opportunity to celebrate the exceptional talents of young people in the region.
- The awards are open to the young people aged 12-21 years of age living in the Warrnambool or Moyne region of Victoria
- Nominees will be notified of their nomination, be asked to provide a biography of achievement, and invited to attend the award presentation on Wednesday 7 February, 2018
- Nominations close 5pm, Friday 27 October 2017
2016 SponsorsCATEGORY / DESCRIPTION / Examples
SPORT / For Individuals who:
- Achieve at a high level of participation and/commitment.
- Displays courage, talent and support to a particular sport or a number of sportsincluding non-mainstream sports. (BMX, skating, surfing, etc).
- Who are committed to their sport and dedicated to team spirit, club involvement.
- Express courage, talent and sportsmanship.
- Individual Sporting Awards
- Team participation
- Years of involvement to a sporting organisation or club
- Regional, State, National Representation
- Club involvement
ACADEMIC / For Individuals who:
- Show dedication and commitment to their education and have excelled in school or vocational based learning. (Example- High marks, scholarships, School based apprenticeships, VCAL, tutored students or successful participation in academic competitions).
- Have overcome personal adversity to maintain school attendance and completion of studies ( Example- Illness, family bereavement, renewed commitment to studies)
- Scholarships awarded
- Individual subject excellence
- Represented school at regional, state or national events
- Academic Awards
- Overall Academic excellence
- Vocational Awards
ARTS AND CULTURE / For Individuals who:
- Strive to achieve excellence in developing their artistic ability;
- Displays outstanding talent and commitment to the arts;
- And displays creativity through arts and culture.
- Music performance awards
- Dance performance
- Regional, State and National representation and awards
- Debating/Public Speaking
- Drama and Theatre participation
- Visual Arts
- Creative Arts
COMMUNITY & LEADERSHIP / For Individuals who:
- Made contributions to their community through various volunteering commitments;
- Lead peers in numerous leadership roles;
- Advocated for a cause or issue.
- Exemplify values of citizenship and support for peers and members of the community.
- Former Youth Councillor
- School Council representation
- Environmental Groups
- Scouts, CFA, Volunteering
- Community Service Group involvement
- Positions of responsibility on committees
Personal Details(The Warrnambool City Council acknowledges and respects privacy of individuals. Please note that all information provided will be kept private and confidential)Nominee Details (the young person you are nominating)
Facebook / Yes No
Nominator Details (your details)
Date Nominee was informed: / / 2017 How informed- Direct Phone Email Other-
Which Council is the nomination for?Moyne Shire
Select the nominee award category. Please note, a nominee can only be nominated for one category for each application form.SPORT
ARTS AND CULTURE
COMMUNITY & LEADERSHIP
Why have you nominated this Young Achiever?
Please provide short examples of the nominee’s achievements, life experiences and qualities.
(The Warrnambool City Council acknowledges and respects privacy of individuals. Please note that all information provided will be kept private and confidential)
- Nominations close 5pm, Friday 27 October, 2017
- Please return completed nomination forms to Katie McKean via email- or Fax 5559 4900 or Post Po Box 198 Warrnambool Victoria 3280 or Online
For enquires please contact:
Katie McKean or Jakeh Wearne at Warrnambool City Council on 5559 4867
Geraldine Edar at Moyne Shire Council on 5568 0524