2015-16 NAE4-HA Team Plan of Work
Team/Committee/Task Force: Public Relations & Information
Team Leader/Committee/Task Force Chair: Julie Tritz, Chair
Committee/Task Force Chair-Elect: To be determined
Date Submitted: December 1, 2017Submitted by: Julie Tritz/ Jeannette Rea-Keywood, VP Marketing & Outreach
NAE4-HA Strategic Goals:
Provide a means of effective communication between the NAE4HA Board and membership.
Facilitate networking throughout the association and with 4-H partners.
Meet the needs of youth development professionals by maximizing the use of technology.
Provide progressive levels of professional development
Elevate the quality of youth development work through scholarship, research and practice.
Advocate for the 4-H youth development profession.
Team/Committee/Task Force Goals for 2016-17:
New Extension Professionals Taskforce Goal
- Develop and implement a conference orientation for new Extension professionals at the 2017 NAE4-HA Conference and related activities to encourage involvement in the association.
HOF Taskforce Goal
- Develop and implement the National 4-H Hall of Fame ceremony for October 2017
Stories from the Heart Taskforce Goal
- Collect stories for publication in Volume II of Stories from the Heart
Marketing 4-H Opportunities Taskforce Goal
- Highlight simple and effective ways to help 4-H faculty amplify the 4-H brand and promote innovative youth development programs across the country.
4-H Distinguished Alumni Goal (this is not a Taskforce)
- Review the purpose of the 4-H Distinguished Alumni and determine the direction of it
Objective(s) / Action Steps / Position/Person Responsible / Target Date / Status Report / Budget Amount
New Extension Professionals Taskforce
Jeremy Cheney (Chair)
Brittani Kelley (Chair-Elect) / Continue the Facebook Group for First Timers to ask Questions to Make Comments /
- Continue the updating a Group
- Link to Conference Account
- Promote Group
- Manage the Account
Develop a Road Map to Conference Success / Create a roadmap to conference success complete with various pit stops that can be changed out each year to fit conference local. / Al Parker (GA)
Brittany Johnson (GA)
Brittani Kelley (GA) / January 1st-Conference
Rolling design with various parts / We are currently in development / $50.00
Develop Quarterly Webinars or Zoom Meetings that correlate with various other committees for New Extension Members /
- Perform a needs assessment
- Locate speakers
- Find correct avenues for web based presentations or materials
Cathleen Taylor (OK)
Pam Bloch (GA)
Jeremy Cheney (GA) / Quarterly / In Progress / 0.00
Young Professional Meet and Greet /
- Develop a social Hour for new professionals in their first 5 years of service
Brittany Johnson (GA) / Fall 2017 / $250
First Time Conference Attendee Recognition /
- Drop the First Timer Name Label
- Have a gift available at registration for the first (Insert Number Here) of First Timers who register for at the conference versus having to order a blanket number off of those who register and not know who all is going to show up
Becky Walker (OK) / Fall 2017 / $500
New Conference Attendees Meeting (Change and Invite all attendees not just first timers, as some may not be at their first conference but may have been at there first conference in a while) /
- Work on updating materials based on current host location and new information
- Work on updating information to insure we have current and up to date information
Brittani Kelley (GA) / Conference 2017 / Fall 2017 / $200
4-H Hall of Fame
Jeannette Rea-Keywood (New Jersey), HOF Task Force Chair / Increase awareness of the National 4-H Hall of Fame / Promote HOF within NAE4-HA
- Update 4-H Hall of Fame guidelines and qualifications
- Send call for nomination letter to State Leaders and Foundation Directors
- Provide call for nomination letter to Regional Directors to share with state presidents
Jeannette Rea-Keywood & Jim Kahler
Jeannette Rea-Keywood / On-going
Communicate with Task Force members. /
- Conduct 3-4 conference calls to plan 4-H Hall of Fame Celebration, October 7, 2017.
- Recruit selection committee members
- Plan the logistics of ceremony
Conduct prestigious ceremony that honors the 2017 Hall of Fame Class /
- Communicate with newly selected laureates and nominators timely information and up-coming deadlines through conference call, letters, e-mail
- Make arrangements for ceremony, lodging, reception, etc. with National 4-H Council
- Send HOF invitation 6-8 prior to event
- Send laureates detailed schedule of events of Thursday and Friday activities
- Prepare plaques, medals and lapel pins in advance
Jim Morrison/ NAE4-HAExecutive Director
Jeannette Rea-Keywood / March -October 2017
Secure funding for HOF /
- Solicit new funding sources for HOF event.
- Securefundingformemorybook, flowers,etc. / Jeannette Rea-Keywood
Pam Van Horn
Travis Burke / On-going
Continuation of 4-H Hall of Fame /
- Keep all documents for National 4-H Hall of Fame updated
Stories from the Heart
Laura Garrett – Georgia (Chair) / Secure names and e-mail addresses of 7 individuals (from each state) who may have a story they are willing to write up and submit for consideration
for Volume II
of 4-H Stories
from The Heart. / Each committee member will contact the State Association Presidents from one of the four regions
with a request for 7 names and e-mail addresses. / Committee / October 2016
Contact (e-mail) individuals who potentially have stories they are willing to write up and submit for Volume II of 4-H Stories From The Heart. / Send request (e-mail) for story to individuals suggested by Association State Presidents. / Committee / December
Contact states which have not yet responded to previous request. / Secure updated list of State Presidents from Association. / Committee / December
Collect names of individuals with potential stories from states not represented in previous submissions. / E-mail State Presidents with additional request for contact information of individuals who potentially have story for consideration.
E-mail Regional Directors listing states who have submitted names of individuals with potential stories and a request to encourage states not represented to submit names/stories – provide information they can share during state visits / Committee
Laura Garrett / January 2017
Collect 4-H Stories / (1/31/2017 is the preferred due date for stories from individuals recommended by 11/30/2016.)
(?) E-mail request to 4-H Laureates encouraging them to submit a story for consideration (?) / January 31, 2017
January 31, 2017
Contact (e-mail) individuals who potentially have stories they are willing to write up and submit for Volume II of 4-H Stories From The Heart.
(These individuals would be from states where stories have not yet been received.) / Send request (e-mail) for story to individuals suggested by Association State Presidents.
(These individuals would be from states where stories have not yet been received.) / Committee / February 28, 2017
Committee Update / Conference Call for update from/with task force members / Committee / March 2017
Collect additional stories
for Volume II / (?) Contact National Presidents of ESP, NEAFCS, and NACAA to share
request for stories
with a due date
of July 31, 2017 (?) / Committee / March 2017
Collect stories from individuals recommended in January
Secure group of Agents interested in reviewing/critiquing
for consideration / Committee / April 30, 2017
Review / critique
stories submitted for consideration / Stories and “score/suggestion sheet” sent to reviewers / May 2017
Review / critique
stories submitted for consideration / Critiques due back
from reviewers / June 30, 2017
Get “permission to print” from story authors
(final due date) / Reminder e-mail to those who have not returned
“permission to print” / August 2017
Marketing 4-H Opportunities Taskforce. Chair – Karissa Dishon / Share innovative programming through the national newsletter to raise awareness of great things happening in each region / Identify yearly schedule for quarterly articles in newsletter. Gather and submit program stories from each region for their assigned quarter / Catrinna Berginnis
Julie Tritz / Northeast: 11/20
North Central: 7/20 / Northeast submitted on 11/20/16
Share monthly 4-H marketing opportunities and tips to help 4-H faculty and staff market their own programs more effectively / Write monthly articles for national newsletter and submit by the 20th of each month / Karissa Dishon / 20th of every month / November article submitted on 11/20
4-H Distinguished Alumni
Chair – Chrys Nestle / Review the purpose of the 4-H Distinguished Alumni and determine the direction of it and the role of National 4-H Council in this endeavor / Contact veteran NAE4-HA members to determine the direction for 4-H Distinguished Alumni / Chrys Nestle / December 2016 – March 2017
Clarify & communicate the purpose of the 4-H Distinguished Alumni database and promote the use of it. / Review & update if necessary the DA application process.
Create a marketing component to the application process.
Confirm technical support for uploading new names to the database.
Collaborate with National 4-H Council on this given they have developed a 4-H Alumni database. / Chrys Nestle / December 2016 – March 2017