Mrs. Miller Social Studies

Mrs. Miller Social Studies

Mr. Whiteley– Science,

Mrs. Miller– Social Studies,

Mr. Schnoblen – English,

Mrs. Caverly – Math,

Mrs. Ruegsegger– Special Education,

We want to welcome you to our seventh grade team. To provide a quality educational environment for the students in our classrooms, the following has been outlined for your information. All teachers on our team will be using the following rules, procedures, and policies. This will promotecontinuity for our students and it will be less confusing as they will live and operate under one set of guidelines. All students are required to abide by these guidelines as well as the Student Code of Conduct. We would like you to read and discuss all thiswith your child.

Please sign and return the contract form on the last page.

We appreciate your time and assistance.

Dream Team Teachers

Team Rules:

  • Be safe!
  • Be responsible!
  • Be respectful!

Class Expectations:

  1. Checking daily teacher agendas is required!
  2. Students are expected to follow the FPS/RMS Acceptable Use Policy for Technology.
  3. Students are expected to complete and turn in assignments on due dates.
  4. Students will sit in assigned seats at the scheduled time for each class.
  5. Students will have necessary supplies for class each day.
  6. Students will clean up their work areas.
  7. Students will work quietly and be considerate of others.
  8. The teacher will dismiss students at the end of each class period.
  9. Students will take care of any needs at lockers, lavatory, etc. between classes or at teacher’s discretion.

Possible Discipline Procedures (at teacher’s discretion), which may reflect in Citizenship:

  1. Verbal Warning
  1. Writing Assignment due the next day & signed by parent
  1. Phone call/ email home/Parent Meeting
  1. Detention/Office Referral

Team Suggested Supply List:


Lined Paper


4 Notebooks

Pens and pencils

Colored Pencils


Hand Sanitizer

Team Homework Policies:

  1. Homework will be neat &readable in pencil or pen (blue or black ink only)
  1. Homework must be handed in on time in order to receive full credit. Homework handed in late will receive 50% credit. (Refer to ZAP Guidelines)
  1. 60% of all class grades are based on assessments (formative and summative assessments, quizzes/tests, large projects, labs, etc). The remaining 40% may include homework, classwork, projects, labs, or other tasks specific to that class.
  1. Long-range assignments will be graded according to teacher’s instructions given at the time the assignment is presented.
  1. When absent, it is the student’s responsibility to ask what they have missed and when it is due. Please check the teachers’websites for the daily homework!

Parent Expectations:

  1. Check homework completion and student iPads nightly.
  1. Check teachers’ websitesnightly.
  1. Check Parent Portal on a weekly basis.

Classroom Movie Information:

During the school year, the Dream Team teachers will showmovies related to curriculum. On these occasional days, movies that are rated PG-13, PG, and G may be shown.


Dream TeamDate: ______

We have read the above Dream Team packet for 7th grade and we understand what is expected.

I have no objections with my student viewing PG-13, PG, or G movies that are related to curriculum.

I will keep my email address/phone number updated in PowerSchool.

Please sign below.

Student signature: ______

Parent Signature: ______

Please contact me –I am interested in volunteer opportunities!!

Primary Phone #: ______

E-mail: ______

***Please be sure the main office is updated with current e-mail address as well.