Majestic PC screens!
Click on the thumbs to enlarge.Electronic Arts Fact Sheet
Developer: Synthetic.ea.com / Anim-X
Ship Date: Spring 2001
You only use 12% of your brain. Mind if we play with the rest?
Majestic™ is an exclusive online entertainment experience that places players in the center of a grand, sinister conspiracy, an unfolding mystery-adventure where the line between reality and fantasy is quickly blurred.
Majestic combines internet applications, powerful content and groundbreaking server technology to redefine online gaming. Unlike any other form of entertainment, Majestic actively pursues and interacts with the player in real time, based on events developing within the fiction, creating a unique and suspenseful entertainment experience.
Majestic delivers its engrossing, cutting-edge experience through familiar devices such as the user's web browser, AOL's Instant Messenger service, e-mail, the telephone and fax. Using these tools the player is placed at the center of his or her own intricate mystery, suspense thriller. The Majestic player assumes the leading role, interacting with other characters, uncovering clues, solving puzzles, searching for answers, resolving challenges, all which engages the player and drives the plot forward.
At its core, Majestic is an adventure game, complete with puzzles and proven game mechanics to draw players deeper into the experience. Many of the game elements in Majestic are made possible by digital objects; interactive virtual items that the user discovers and archives for use later in the adventure.
Majestic does not require a PC-CD ROM or large download; it uses the best capabilities of the Internet to enable a smooth and completely unique online entertainment experience.
Initiating a milestone in the evolution of interactive entertainment, Majestic is an episodic experience that will roll out monthly. The first season is planned to feature a total of nine episodes, including a free pilot episode available to anyone who has an Internet connection. Majestic will be part of the EA Platinum Service, exclusively available on EA.com. Registration on the site is free, but players will subscribe to the $9.99 per month service in order to play the full Majestic episodes.
- It plays you.™
- First interactive suspense thriller for the wired generation that blurs the lines between fact and fiction.
- Original, compelling storyline that unfolds through the course of nine episodes.
- Built entirely for the Internet, requires no CD or large download; it leverages the best capabilities of the Internet to organize and deliver a compelling experience unlike traditional games, movies or television.
- First form of entertainment that interacts with player's real time via chat, e-mail, telephone, fax and the Internet.
- First game story that unfolds at an unpredictable real-time, real world pace. If a character tells you they will get back to you tomorrow, you will have to wait until the next day to hear from them.
- Play through nine progressive episodes per season, in addition to a free pilot episode.