LSI Auckland ENGLISH FOR TEACHING (TKT) Course
The Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) is produced by Cambridge ESOL to prepare teachers to teach English to speakers of other languages. It aims to increase teachers' confidence and enhance job prospects by developing teaching knowledge needed by teachers of primary, secondary or adult learners, anywhere in the world. During the course you will focus on:
- different methodologies of teaching
- the 'language of teaching'
- finding, creating and effectively using resources
- the key aspects of effective lesson planning
- classroom management methods for different needs.
TKT gives teachers a strong foundation in the key areas of teaching knowledge needed in the English language teaching classroom. It is ideal for all teachers, whatever their background and teaching experience, and is also suitable for people who would like to teach English but do not yet have a teaching position or qualification.
Anyone wishing to prepare for and take the TKT is strongly advised to have at least an intermediate level of English.
The course at LSI Auckland is for 20 lessons per week for 4 weeksin the mornings, and 1:1 lessons (one or two per day) for TKT lessons - a Standard PLUS5 or 10 course. The test is taken on the Saturday at the end of the last week of the course.
In the third week of the course, the student can teach a ‘mixed internationality’ class of students after 15:30 from Monday to Friday. These classes are at Pre-Intermediate level and are observed by theLSI Teacher.
Course participants will be required to keep a portfolio of their course and practical work.
- 20 lessons of class lessons per week for 4 weeks plus one or two 1:1 lessons on teaching theory and practice each afternoon after lunch.
- Test is taken at the end of the last week of the course
- Minimum level for acceptance into TKT prep class is IELTS 4.5
Course start dates:
November 12 / Exam dates
Standard Plus 5 course fee / 4 weeks: / NZ$ 2860
Standard Plus 10 course fee / 4 weeks: / NZ$ 4600
Course Materials fee: / NZ$ 80
Registration fee: / NZ$ 140
Exam cost: / NZ$ 320*
* Cost of 3 modules (includes certificate postage).
Student must register for the exam 9 weeks before the exam date (5 weeks before course start date).
For more information please contact LSI Auckland ( )