PROMISEAdvocate Debriefing Questionnaire
Location of interview:
Advocate first name: ______Nickname:
1. Whom do you pass materials out to? (Check all that apply and estimate percentage.)
a. gay men (____ %)
b. injection drug user (____ %)
c. commercial sex worker/sex industry worker (____ %)
d. at-risk youth (____ %)
e. other (use direct words from advocate): (____ %)
2. Are the number of stories we’re giving you about right, not enough, or too many? (Check one.)
a. about right b. not enough c. too many
3. Whom do you mostly pass out materials to: people you know, people you don’t know but recognize, or people you’ve never seen before? (Check one.)
a. people you know
b. people you don’t know but recognize
c. people you’ve never seen before
4. What are the race/ethnicity of the people you pass the materials out to?(Check all that apply and estimate percentage.)
a. African American (____ %)
b. Latino/Hispanic (____ %)
c. Asian/Asian Pacific Islander (____ %)
d. White (____ %)
e. other (____ %)
5.What part of the day or night do you mostly pass out materials? Would you say morning, afternoon, or evening? (Check one.)
a. morning b. afternoon c. evening
6. What part of the week do you mostly pass out materials? Would you say weekend or weekday? (Check one.)
a. weekend b. weekday
7. How many flyers were you given to hand out last week?
8. Out of all the people that you gave flyers to this week, about what percent had never seen name of that publication before?
8. In the past week, how many people read the flyer at the time you first gave it to them? That is, that you saw read the flyer?
10. In the past week, how many people did you see throw the flyer away without ever reading it?
11. In the past week, how many people do you think used the <condoms, bleach> that you passed out with the flyers?
12. Do you think people like the <brand of condoms, bleach> that are passed out with the flyers? (Check one.)
13. Do you think they would prefer other brands?
13a. Which ones?
14. What comments do people make about the stories (good or bad)?
15.Do you have suggestions for how we could improve the stories?