Lanark Riding Club
Lanark Riding ClubShow Jumping Fun Show & Clemmie/BHS Scotland Riding Club Style Jumping Blair Qualifier
Venue:West Kype Farm, Strathaven ML10 6PR
Date:23 July 2017
Time:10 am start
Classes 1- 5 kindly sponsored by McCaskie Country Stores (gift voucher to highest placed LRC member in each class)
Class 1 ‘Wobblies’ 30 cm
Class 2 Nursery Novice 50 cm
Class 3 Novice 60 cm
Class 4 Intermediate 70 cm
Class 5 Open 80 cm
Course will be 2-phase and those with no faults in first phase will continue to jump in second phase, which will be timed. * See Rule 2 regarding eligibility for Classes 1-4.
Class 6 Clemmie/BHS Scotland Riding Club Style Jumping
The course will have 8 to 12 obstacles (max height 85 cm, max spread 90 cm, one of which will be a double), and an optimum speed of 325 mpm. One penalty point will be deducted for every second over the optimum time. The first three partnerships will qualify for the final. * See Rule 3 regarding eligibility for Class 6.
Cost per class:£8.00 for LRC members
£10.00 for non-members
Plus £2 first aid fee per competitor
Rules and Terms and Conditions
- Wobblies Class is to encourage competitors who are inexperienced at show jumping e.g. novice riders or horses. This class should not be used as a warmup for later classes.
- Eligibility for Classes 1-4: Those competing in Class 1 may not compete in Class 3, 4 or 5 and those competing in Class 2 may not compete in Class 4 or 5 on same horse/pony. Competitors must not have any BSJA points.
- Eligibility for Class 6: Horses must be 4yo or over. No height restrictions. Horses must not have won more than £175 BS or have more than 10 BE points. Riders must be 18yo or older on 1 Jan 2017 and must not have competed in any FEI competition or be an FBHS or have taken their BHSII exams in the last 10years. To compete at the final, the rider of the horse must be a member of a riding club affiliated to BRC
- All participants must ensure that their riding hat conforms with current BRC standards.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn.
- Competitors should declare themselves to the steward and collect their number at least 10 minutes before their class.
- Competitions will run under British Riding Club Rules
- Any exceptions to the entry restrictions will be at the discretion of the committee.
- Objections shall be made in writing within 30 minutes of the class concerned and lodged with the show secretary, together with the sum of £15, which shall be refunded if the objection is upheld.
- Behaviour which, in the opinion of the stewards, amounts to excessive use of force by competitors will lead to immediate elimination. No refund will be offered.
- Abuse, verbal or physical, of any judge or steward will lead to immediate elimination. No refund will be offered and offenders will be required to leave the grounds immediately.
- All participants must have evidence of third party liability insurance available for inspection. Members of British Riding Clubs and Gold Card BHS members have this as part of their membership. LRC membership forms will be available should anyone wish to join on the day prior to competing.
- LRC and West Kype Farm accept no liability for accidents, damage, injury or loss to horses, owners, spectators or property whatsoever and entries are only accepted under this condition.
- There may be a photographer in attendance. Photographs taken may be used on the LRC website and in LRC newsletters. If you do not wish your photograph or your child’s photograph to be taken please indicate this on your entry.
- Save for death or personal injury caused by negligence, neither the organisers on the day, nor Lanark Riding Club, accept any liability for any accident, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, ground spectators or other person or property whatsoever.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Riders are responsible for lifting any muck which their horse “deposits” and will be excluded from future events if found to not to comply with this condition.
- No dogs allowed
- Acceptance of the rules and terms and conditions shall be a condition of entry.
Directions (from East): Drive through Strathaven on A71, passing Sainsburys on LHS. At roundabout, take first exit towards Muirkirk. Travel half a mile, cross the bridge and take the next left. Continue straight up the hill, over unmarked crossroads and West Kype Farm is one mile on the right.
LRC Show Jumping Entry FormClass / Name of Rider / Name of Horse / Junior
Y/N / LRC Member
Y/N / Entry Fee (£)
First Aid/Rider / £2
I have read the rules and agree to abide by them
I have: BRC membership/ BHS Gold membership/Public Liability Insurance (Please circle as appropriate)