Job Description: Land Surveyor - Permanent
Based: Scotland, UK Corporate HQ
Salary: (£) Negotiable - dependant on experience
The QTS Group is one of the UKs leading Rail Infrastructure, Engineering and Training organisations. Our Rail division is looking to recruit a Land Surveyor on a full time contract to help manage workflow. We are looking for the best personnel to join our team and further improve our reputation.
We specialise in working on contracts that focus on geotechnical, earthworks, fencing, de-vegetation and drainage. Rail experience is not essential, but experience in construction / engineering would be advantageous. We are looking for someone who thinks outside the box, so if you think you have what it takes, get in touch!
Role (Main Purpose):
You must possess a good general understanding of surveying theory, especially an appreciation of systematic errors and their effects, and be competent in the use of Total Stations, Manual Levelling & GPS kits and the techniques of Control Surveying, Topographical Surveying & Construction Surveying. You must be able to assist our surveyor’s in carrying out their duties as required.
Naturally, you must be able to understand and interpolate job specifications and carry out work to Company standards and Industry best practice.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Topographical surveys
- As-built site surveys
- Track Monitoring
- Site setting out
- Control establishment
- Manual levelling skills
- Data processing
- Volume/area calculations
- Attend and engage fully with any learning and development activities that are deemed appropriate by your line management
- Carry out all work in accordance with health and safety and any other legal requirements
- Participate in design review / team / business meeting as necessary
- Participate and engage fully in company appraisal / performance review processes and constantly work to improve your individual, your team and wider group’s performance
- HND in relevant subject(s)
You will be supplied with a Vehicle allowance, Pension, Mobile Phone & Laptop.
Skills / Experience
- Some experience and understanding of the industry (Preferably 3+ years).
- Hold CURRENT and UP TO DATE Personal track Safety (PTS)
- Ability to train junior members of staff
- Have knowledge and understanding of Quality Checks needed for the accuracies within the Railway industry.
- Experience in the use of GPS systems, Total Stations and Manual Levelling are essential.
- Be willing to travel throughout UK.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with good communication abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with a varied portfolio of work, progressing with reduced supervision.
- Full Driving License.
- AutoCAD and LSS (preferred)