Issuing Authority: HRManagerRevision Date: 3/26/15
Supersedes Date: 2/3/13
Position Title:Project Manager
Summary: Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for the successful acquisition, creation, implementation and evaluation of research, technology and special projects as assigned.
Ensure that we meet/exceed customer expectations for timely delivery of quality product utilizing good general business practices that are in full compliance with any state or federal requirements.
- Direct, manage and execute projectswithin established timelines
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables with a balance between research and “big picture” business strategy
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and top management in a timely manner
- Perform lab testing and other activities for projects; coordinate invoicing and payment
- Develop and deliver proposals, progress reports, documentation,and presentations
- Act as technical resource for laboratory personnel, Business Development and external customers, including consulting and troubleshooting
- Research, evaluate, select, develop, and validate new test methods and equipment; write and review test methods
- Participate in training activities, including Cherney College, technical and GLP training
- Perform and document internal and GLP audits, support technical continuous improvement
- Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of projects
- Support and actively participate in all safety initiatives related to site function
- Effectively support and follow all aspects of the Quality Management System
- Responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with Cherney values
- Responsible for Continuous Improvement in all aspects of production
- May be required to occasionally work evenings, weekend, or holiday hours as needed to ensure proper completion of duties
- Infrequent travel may be required including overnight trips by car or airplane for customer or vendor visits
- All other duties as assigned
Reports to: Operations Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific field is required; Microbiology or Food Science is preferred. Three to five years of experience inproject management, food manufacturing, quality, food safety, or microbiology is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attentive and timely in responses
- Excellent organizational skills and can develop and execute a plan
- Excellent attention to detail
- Thorough follow up and ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously without getting flustered
- Collaborative and cooperative work style internally and externally with a “can do” attitude, understands, supports and becomes part of the team
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent problem solver who sees solutions instead of obstacles
- Familiarity with MS Office software and strong computer skills
- Valid driver’s license (if needed for position)
- Excellent attendance record
- Able to walk regularly around the production floor and office areas, including climbing steps and also occasionally climbing on a ladder
- Able to stand for extended length of time at a lab bench
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Able to bend, squat, sit and stand
- Able to sit in office chair working on written assignments and operate a computer
- Occasionally works near fumes or airborne particles, and near caustic or toxic chemicals.
6.Special vision requirements of this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
The qualifications and physical requirements characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the position.
F:\Draft Documents\Job Descriptions\Project Manager 10-17-16 SRM.doc
Page 1 of 2
Good for this day only.