i-Ability: Vocational IT Training Program Application Form
Thank you for your interest in the i-Ability: Vocational IT training program,which is offered by Hire-Ability Vocational Services a division of Richmond Area Multi-Services, Inc. (RAMS) with funding from the Mental Health Services Act. We are excited to announce that we are currently seeking applicants for the October 2014 cohort.
Participants in this 9-month program course will receive intensive and supportive on-the-job training in the fields of information technology, technical support and customer service.
In order to qualify for this program, please note that you must meet the following requirements:
• At least 18 years of age
• Current resident of San Francisco
• Have successfully completed at least a High Schooleducation or equivalent (GED acceptable)
• Be able to attend training which is held Monday thru Friday (between 8:30am and 5pm), 8-16 hours per week
• Must be receiving or eligible to receive services through Community Behavioral Health Services (SFDPH-CBHS)
• Successful completion of skills assessment and intake interview
To apply, Hire-Ability must receive your completed application, copy of proof of San Francisco residency (driver’s license or CA state ID), a copy of your most recent diploma or transcript (official/unofficial), and your personal statement no later than Wednesday, September10at 5:00pm.
For the October 2014 start date, the program is accepting 9 students. Below is a summary of the application and notification timeline:Application Due Date / September10, 2014 5:00pm(must be received by manager at 5pm)
Interviews conducted / End of August to beginning of October 2014
Notification of Application Status / Week of October 17, 2014
First Day of Instruction / October 27, 2014
The program respects your privacy and adheres to the confidentiality rules and regulations that apply. Your application’s information will not be shared with anyone without your prior consent. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you again for your interest in the i-Ability Training Program.
i-Ability: Vocational IT Manager
(415) 282-9675 ext. 231First Name: / Last Name:
Phone: / Email:
Address: / City, State, ZIP:
Preferred Program? Check one box: DeskTop Help Desk
1. Program Requirements (circle one)\
A. Are you currently a San Francisco resident? Yes | No
B. Are you a High School graduate or equivalent (GED)? Yes | No
C. Are you currently receiving services through CBHS? Yes | No | Not sure
D. Are you able and willing to commit to the full nine month training program? Yes | No
E. Are you available to work 8-16 hours a week? (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 5pm) Yes / No / Not sure
2. Computer Skills
A. How long have you been using computers? Check one box:
Never Less than 1 year 1 to 3 years More than three years
B. Computer Skills. Check the box next to each one that you are familiar with doing:
Using Email Using the internet Google/Search Microsoft Excel Facebook Social Media
Minor computer repairs Microsoft Word Typing on a keyboard Computer programming
3. Training & Work Experience
Please list past training, volunteer or work experience OR attach your resume.
Description/Job Title/Training Course / Organization/Employer/School / Start Date / End Date
4. References: Please list two references: one professional (ex:last employer, former teacher, etc.) and one clinical (ex: therapist, case manager, psychiatrist, etc.).Please inform your references that we may be contacting them.
Name / How do you know them? / Phone number
5. How did you hear about this program?
6. Personal Statement
Please attach a personal statement to the application. In your personal statement, please tell us about each of the following (two pages max):
• 1. About yourself (background and training; explain why you feel you are a good match for the program)
• 2. Reasons why you want to take this course
• 3. How you hope to utilize the learned skills
Please read each paragraph, and then sign below.
I certify that I have not purposely withheld any information that might negatively affect my chances for acceptance. The answers given by me are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and ability.
I permit RAMS to contact the references I provided regarding the i-Ability training program. I authorize the references I have listed to provide any information about my related experiences, without giving me prior notice of such disclosure.
Completed application check list
Please include ALL of the following with your application:
1. completed Application form
2. copy of proof of San Francisco residency (driver’s license or CA state ID)
3. copy of proof of eligibility to work (social security card, US passport, residency card)
4. your personal statement
The following documents* are also required for enrollment, but may be submitted separately from the application. We will, however, need to receive them before you can be accepted into the program:
- copy of your most recent diploma or transcript (official/unofficial)
- completed Proof of Eligibility form and along with your completed Referral form (if applicable)
*Digital copies of all these forms, including the application can be found online:Download a copy of the Application here: /
Please submit completed application no later than September 10 at 5:00pm to:Applications may be dropped off OR mailed to:
Attn:Vocational IT Manager
1234 Indiana St
San Francisco, CA 94107 / Alternatively, applications may be emailed or faxed:
Fax: (415) 920-6877
Notification of application status will be sent to the mailing/email address noted on the application.
Page 1 of 3