Healthcare Software Systems
Healthcare Software Solutions provides a leading software platform within the Healthcare sector, supplying Radiology information management solutions throughout the UK.
The successful applicant for the following post will be flexible, organised, collaborate effectively with other team members, possess excellent communication skills and enjoy working for a modern high tech and high profile company.
Product Owner / Clinical Systems Analyst
We are currently looking for a Product Owner to complement our existing product management team at HSS where you will report to the Product manager.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Product Owner to guide the development of our product suite. In our Agile Scrum software development environment, the Product Owner is the project’s key stakeholder.The PO helps develop and maintains a vision for the products that they own and is responsible for communicating that vision to the scrum team. The Product Owner is responsible for the product features from concept to EOL and works with all relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each product release. The PO is responsible for the design, usability, quality and delivery of a product or feature, is the key decision maker on priorities and design decisions, and works to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the development lifecycle. The PO understands the business side of the product release and is ultimately responsible for representing the end user’s needs. This is a very interesting and creative opportunity in a supportive, non-judgmental, learning environment and would suit someone with a clinical / radiographic background wishing to move into commercial and product development, or an experienced product owner who understands the healthcare environment.
- Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product and are designing great features for our users
- Develop appropriately detailed specificationsfor product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles and to ensure successful product releases
- Work closely with the development department and other technical disciplines to co-ordinate development requests for changes to existing product range,
- Act as product owner as part of the agile development process for new developments/products,
- Act as a best practice champion and ensure documentation is created and maintained as necessary,
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as the primary technical contact for queries related to the product
You will be based within our office in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, but some travel to customer sites may be necessary.
- State registered clinician, previous clinical background, or experienced product owner
- Well organised and able to work on own initiative
- Able to ensure processes are followed
- Able to co-ordinate between several departments with competing interests
- Interested in technology and computing
- Able to understand and interpret user requirements and document
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to define work flows and translate them into requirements and functional specifications
- Experience of Radiology departments
- Experience of CRIS RIS
- Experience / understanding of software development lifecycles (Agile, waterfall)
- Experience / understanding of change management processes
- A broad range of clinical experience
- Experience of risk analysis
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and training will be provided where necessary.
- An enthusiastic and self-motivated individual possessing the ability to work on their own initiative, and take ownership and leadership responsibilities.
- Excellent team working
- Professional attitude and positive outlook.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing situations and working environments.
- Proactive with the ability to see the bigger picture
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills. A focus is on stakeholder engagement.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to tailor content to suit a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to provide clear and accurate documentation in relation to new developments and solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage in clear and open interaction with a wide range of technical / clinical and non-technical / non clinical people of varying seniority.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflicting views or interests in a constructive and professional manner.
ORGANISATIONAL & ANALYTICAL SKILLS
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Capable of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- IT SKILLS
- Possessing a wide range of IT skills including solid experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
Please apply in writing including C.V. to:
Healthcare Software Solutions Ltd
3rd Floor, i2 Mansfield
Oakham Business Park