File ref:15/3/6-3/Erf_802Mr HL Olivier
19 September 2017
Mr Brin Kushner
12 Strathmore Road
Per Registered Mail
APPLICATION FOR AN EXTENSION OF THE VALIDITY PERIOD OF AN APPROVAL FOR THE SUBDIVISION OF ERF 802, DARLING
Your application received 23 August 2017 as well as this municipality’s letters dated 24 August 2007 and 22 February 2012 regarding the abovementioned subdivision refers;
By virtue of the authority that is delegated to the Director: Development Services in terms of the decision of Council No. 7.25 dated 13 May 2015 as determined in Section 79(1) of the Swartland Municipal Land Use Planning By-Law (PG 7741 of 3 March 2017), the application for the extension of the validity period for the subdivision of erf 802, Darling in terms of section 70 of the By-Lawis approved subject to the following conditions:
- STADSBEPLANNING EN BOUBEHEER
(a)The approval of the subdivision is hereby extended in terms of Section 76(2)(w) of the By-Law for a 5 year period upto 24 August 2022;
(b)The conditions of approval as contained in the letter of approval dated 24 August 2007 read together with the extension that was approved on the 22 February 2012, remains unchanged except for the following:
(n)that the fixed cost capital contribution regarding bulk services will be applicable on each newley created subdivided portion. This amount is as follows:
- Water R7 277,00 (Vote number: 9/249-174-9210)
- Sewerage R3 600,00 (Vote number: 9/240-184-9210)
- Streets and Stormwater R5 363,00 (Vote number: 9/247-144-9210)
- Electricity R4 321,00 (Vote number: 9/253-164-9210)
- Regional Water R10 795,80 (Vote number: 9/249-176-9210)
These amounts are valid for the financial year 201/2018 and may be revised thereafter.
The Council’s resolution dated May 2017 makes provision for a 40% rebate applicable on the capital contributions of Swartland Municipality. This rebate is valid for the 2017/2018 financial year and may be revised thereafter. The rebate is not applicable to the regional water contribution.
(m)that the basic refuse removal tariff be levied for every property whether built or not.
Per Department Development Services
Copies:Department Civil Engineering Services
Department Electrical Engineering Services
Department Financial Services
Building control officer
Reasons for approval
- The proposed development is consistent with the Swartland Municipal Spatial Development Framework.
- The subdivision will not have a negative impact on the character of the surrounding environment.
- The application entails the extension of an existing approval that was still valid on submission of the application.
- The proposal is deemed to be consistent with the matters referred to in Section 42 of SPLUMA, 2013 (Act 16 of 2013) and principles referred to in Chapter VI of LUPA, 2014 (Act 3 of 2014).