“FAU Phyllis and Harvey Sandler School of Social Work Financial Need Scholarships (3)”
The “FAU Phyllis and Harvey Sandler School of Social Work Financial Need Scholarship” is a$1,500 scholarshipthat is open to students who are registered in the Bachelor of Social Work or Master of Social Work programs at FAU. This fellowship is awarded based on financial need and an interest in pursuinga career in social work. One award will be provided to a BSW student and one will be provided to an MSW student.
- To support social work students with special financial needs.
- Admitted to the BSW or MSW program at FAU and enrolled in both the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters.
- Submitted completed application form, including statement of need and statement of objectives in seeking professional social work education.
- Submitted a curriculum vita (or resume)
- Documented financial need (based on information provided in the application form)
- Selection of recipients will be conducted by a committee consisting of the Awards Chair, the Scholarship committee, the BSW Coordinator, and the MSW Coordinator of the School of Social Work.
- Awards will be determined based on meeting the eligibility requirements, as well as established need,stated career objectives, and experiences relevant to social work education and practice (in c.v.).
Submission of Applications
- All applicants will submit their applications using the format below, emailed to the “FAU Phyllis and Harvey Sandler School of Social Work Awards Chair” care of Tod Marshall at
- The due date for applications is October 5th, 2018. Applicants will be notified of whether they have received a scholarship by October 26th, 2018.
“FAU Phyllis and Harvey Sandler School of Social Work
Financial Need Scholarship”Application Form
Have you received this scholarship previously?
No: ___ Yes: _____ (specify when:______)
Have you received any scholarship from our school previously?
No: ______Yes: ______(specify when and what type of scholarship you received: ______)
In which program have you been admitted?
BSW Full-Time_____ Part-Time_____
MSW Full-Time____ Part-Time_____
What is the nature of your special financial needs (in relation to your wish to pursue social work education)? (1 to 2 paragraphs)
Why are you interested in pursuing a social work degree? (1 to 2 paragraphs)
How would receiving this scholarship help you complete a degree in social work? (1 to 2 paragraphs)
Please attach a resume or c.v. that includes information about your prior education, academic accomplishments, work experience, volunteer experience (related to social work), research experience (if any), and student club and civic association memberships.