A meeting of Canwick Parish Council was held on Monday 13thFebruary 2017 atthe Village Hall, Montagu Road,

Canwick. County/District Councillor R. Oxby and the Clerkwerealso present.

Present: Councillor L.J. Pennell – Chairman

Councillor Mrs H.L. Dowson

Councillor M.T. Hales

Councillor R. Narborough

Councillor L. O’Melia

1. Apologies and Declarations of Interest: Apologies had been received fromCllr Carrington, Cllr Mrs Griffin andCllr Mrs Brighton. There were no Declarations of Interest.

Police Report: A report had been received stating there had been one recorded crime for criminal damage to a ‘For Sale’ board during the period 14/01/2017 to13/02/2017.

2. Clerk’s Notes from the Meeting on 16thJanuary2017: The notes from this meeting had been distributed to each member. The Chairman proposed the notes be accepted and approved as minutes for signing and this was unanimously agreed.

3. Matters Arising:

3a.Information Packs for New Residents: None.

3b. Website: No changes.


4a. 16/1564/OUT – Canwick Heath Development: On-going.

4b.Local Plan Proposed Amendments: This had been e-mailed to members. The Chairman stated the end of the consultation was 3rd March and he asked members if they were content for him to liaise with Cllr Carrington for comments to be sent back on behalf of the Parish Council if required. All agreed.

4c.Items Notified since Publication of the Agenda: None.


5a.Highways Issues: Cllr Hales reported that a parishioner had complained about the state of the footpath from the bottom of Pelham Lane to the bottom of Canwick Hill. Also the same problem had been noted on Montagu Road between School Lane and Hall Drive. Both issues had been reported to Jenny Bailey at NKDC.

Cllr Narborough stated that exiting Montagu Road by car was becoming increasingly difficult due to overgrown hedges. Cllr Hales replied that some of the offending hedges had already been cut back earlier that day. To be monitored.

Cllr Mrs Dowson reported that the bottom of Pelham Lane was becoming very narrow with overhanging ivy. To be investigated.

It was noted that the potholes on Heighington Road had been reported.

Cllr O’Melia reported hedge cuttings had been left on the steps by the playing field. Cllr Hales to investigate.

5b.Highways Grass Cutting: This had been e-mailed to members. It was noted that NKDC are to continue grass cutting as in previous years for the time being. To be monitored.


6a.What’s On February 2017: This had been e-mailed to members but no hard copy had been received.

6b.Silkstone Lodge Grass Verge: The Chairman read members an e-mail received from Michael Willerton of Silkstone Lodge in which he complained about the state of the verges surrounding his property. The Clerk to contact Trevor Hines, LCC Highways and then respond to Mr Willerton accordingly.

6c.NK Family Fun Day: This had been e-mailed to members and the poster displayed in the Village Hall.

6d.LCC Street Works Permit Scheme: This hadbeen e-mailed to members and was noted.

6e.LCC Highways FOM: This had been e-mailed to members. Cllr Hales to set up an account and liaise with the Clerk about details.

6f.Items received since Publication of Agenda: The Chairman read an e-mail to members reference Lincolnshire Partnership Trust – Members Magazine. Noted. The Clerk to forward to members.

7. Four Parishes Cluster Group:

7a. Update: A meeting had been scheduled for 1st March 2017.

8.Parish Plan Action Plan:

8a.Defibrillator: Ongoing.

9. Finance:

9a. Bank Account Update: The Chairman stated that on 31stJanuary 2017 the balance on the deposit account was £6064.94 and the current account balance was £36.84.

9b.Payments due in February: A payment of £491.10 was due to Glendale for the Playing Field hedge cutting the previous month. All agreed.

9c. Transfer of Funds: The Chairman proposed transferring £500 from the deposit account to the current account to cover the payment due. All agreed.

9d.Precept: The Chairman stated that the forms had been submitted requesting a precept of £5650 as agreed and confirmed this would give a marginal increase of 0.72% in the Band D rate of Council Tax.

9e.Glendale Grounds Maintenance Quotation: It was noted there had been a slight increase in prices. The Chairman proposed we renew on the same basis as usual. All agreed. The Clerk to do.

10.Provisional Meeting Calendar: This had been e-mailed to members. The Chairman suggested that due to bookings in the Village Hall it may be necessary to move the times of the April 2016 meeting to 6.30pm for the Parish Council meeting and 7.15 for the Annual Parish meeting. All present agreed. The Clerk to check times with Booking Secretary Di Vaughan. It was noted the July meeting for the following two years had been put back a week. This was due to holidays and also as no August meeting is held. The Chairman asked members present if they were content with the Calendar. All agreed. The Clerk to forward Calendarto Di Vaughan to check room availability before finalisation.

11. Urgent Items for Information: Cllr Oxby reported the following:

  • There is to be a possible vote on a unitary council system for Lincolnshire.
  • 1.3 million pounds of government funding has been receivedto help most at-risk rough sleepers across Lincolnshire.
  • 35.4 million pounds to be spent on local road improvements in 2017-2018.
  • £600.000 to be invested into Citizens Advice Bureau in Lincoln.
  • Launch of a crime-busting re-offending initiative.

The Chairman stated that the boundaries of the Parish may be reviewed and the proposed new development may be a stand alone village. All agreed this would be the best option going forward so as to retain the village’s identity and charactor.

Cllr Hales stated he had noticed a large increase in lorries through the village on Heighington Road. It was thought they were from the Bomber Command Memorial.

12. Date of Next Meeting: The next meeting was scheduled for Monday 20th March 2017 starting at 7.30pm at the Village Hall, Montagu Road, Canwick.

There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.20pm.

Signed (Chairman)



Canwick Parish Council Minutes February 2017

© Canwick Parish Council