Digital Media Volunteer
The Phoenix Futures Group is a charity and housing association which has been helping people overcome drug and alcohol problems for more than 45 years.
We are a team of over 560 staff and volunteers, providing residential, prison, community and specialist services across England and Scotland.
In 2014/15 we were able to helpnearly 25,000 people in their journey towards substance misuse recovery.
What we need
We are now looking for a Digital Marketing Volunteer to help us take our website, social media and other digital marketing activities to the next level, growing referrals to our services, boosting our supporter base, engaging our staff and increasing interaction with the Charity.
This is a very diverse and exciting role that would suit a recent graduate in digital marketing or an individual that has a good grasp of digital marketing techniques through practical application.You will need to have excellent IT and social media skills and a good grasp of English. (For a full list of requirements, see the Person Specifiation)
We are looking for someone who can commit to:
. Working 2 days a week (flexible as to days and hours), including at least
one day a week in the charity’s office in Elephant & Castle
. Initially for 3 months, with a review for possible extension
. Ideally starting as soon as possible, subject to references
What we can offer you
. Reasonable travel expenses
. An opportunity to work as part of a friendly, busy charity office and to gain
practical, rewarding experience in digital marketing and communications
. The chance to get a better understanding of drug and alcohol rehabilitation
and ultimately to help improve people’s lives
The main focuses of the role
Phoenix Futures has a presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Pinterest. This role will assist marketing staff with:
- Analysing and evaluating our current channels, followers and impacts
- Helping develop a schedule of posts along strategic themes and seasonal events to grow follower numbers and engagement
- Assessing the benefits of being present on alternative social media platforms
- Updating site content as necessary
- Re-designing the service listing pages to make them more appealing to referrers and potential service users
- Making general recommendations and implementing measures for improving the site
- Assisting in consultations with staff and volunteers
- Helping develop the organisation’s SharePoint intranet
- Working with the other departments to create a regular email bulletin to staff
- In liaison with charity filmmakers, helping to develop video content for internal and external use and making available through a variety of channels
- Recording of audio podcasts and their dissemination
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the effectiveness of all digital activity
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks and the focusses may change depending on the current priorities of the organisation and the skillset of the successful applicant.
We are looking for a candidate who is both pro-active in making suggestions and then able to implement many of those ideas.
How to apply
Please send us a cover letter, explaining how you meet the points in the Person Specification below and your availability (start date/hours available and length of time available) to the Head of Marketing .
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the application deadline (26.08.16) you can assume that your application has not been successful.
Person SpecificationREQUIREMENTS / ESSENTIAL / DESIRABLE
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS / A graduate/student in a digital media/marketing course
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE / Using a wide range of social media platforms on a regular basis
Using content management systems to make changes to websites / Experience of email marketing and the software for doing it
Experience of creating podcasts
SKILLS & ABILITIES / Excellent written English
Good IT literacy / Story-telling skills
PERSONAL QUALITIES / A creative thinker, with ideas on how to engage a range of audiences
A team player, pro-active at seeking information, making suggestions and keeping others informed
Reliable and organised / An interest in the work of Phoenix Futures and in substance misuse issues
An analytical mind, using research to inform future decisions
Marketing Department, July 2016