Coordinator, Social & Digital Marketing
Employment Terms: This job is a full time, benefited, FLSA exempt/administrative position in the Institutional Advancement Division that reports to the Executive Director of College Communications.
Salary: Targeted salary is commensurate with education and experience not to exceed the budgeted amount $50,000.00/year.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director of College Communications, the Coordinator of Social & Digital Marketing will develop, implement and evaluate proactive and reactive social media and digital marketing strategies and tactics to support recruitment, student persistence, career services, academic affairs, student life, continuing education, as well as fundraising and institutional advancement in achieving institutional strategic goals. Areas of responsibility will include social media management, online advertising and marketing, as well as reporting impact results.
The Coordinator, Social & Digital Media also oversees the College’s external website, includinguser functionality, design, content engagement, and application of SEO content, web metrics, goals and analytics.
Bachelor’s degree *and* Two (2) years related work experience
Note: Experience may substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of proactive and reactive social media and digital marketing strategies and tactics
- Demonstrated experience with the development, execution, measurement and evaluation of social mediacampaigns, integrated with additional public relations and marketing/advertising strategies and tactics.
- Basic understanding of “back end” and “front end” web development
- Experience working with (digital) content management system(s)
- Demonstrated experience working with clients and marketing teams to achieve results
- Supervisory and leadership experience
- Computer proficiency and demonstrated skill in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Excellent written and oral skills. Strong design sense. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite, as well as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Vine, Flickr, and others. Ability to work with others and within established systems in a resourceful manner to accomplish work goals. Flexible in response to change, while keeping focus on goals. Able to function in fast-paced, results-oriented environment with goals, accountability measures and deadlines. Self-starter.
Demonstrated knowledge of social media and digital marketing strategies and tactics, including writing, scheduling, brand management, campaign integration, direct marketing/email, online advertising, newsletters, web design, and electronic materials, in a higher education, non-profit, agency, government or corporate setting. A strong, collaborative, energetic, results-oriented individual, who demonstrates the ability to work well with people at all levels of an organization, develops lasting relationships with diverse constituencies, and simultaneously employs keen judgment has the best opportunity for success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, vision, and accountability in implementing the strategic direction of the College’s website, interactive and social media campaigns.
- Strategically create and implement social media campaigns to increase visibility on social networks for the College, departments, and student organizations (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Vimeo, etc.).
- Manage the design, review, and updating of the College website, as well as develop and implement comprehensive digital marketing strategies and campaigns for College, departments, and student organizations.
- Manage reporting of digital and social media campaign effectiveness and results.
- Articulate and promote the College’s brand differentiation through the website, social media sites, interactive marketing communication vehicles, and email and online marketing campaigns.
- Routinely work with College leadership, administration, staff, and faculty to help them meet their communications and marketing needs.
Please complete your job application through the Gwinnett Technical College Online Job Center at GwinnettTech.edu located under Employment Opportunities.
Gwinnett Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era’ or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). For more information on compliance activities, contact Lisa Richardson, Title IX and Section 504 Coordinator, 5150 Sugarloaf Parkway, Building 100, Room 323B, Lawrenceville, GA 30043, 678-226-6691.