Job TitleArea Fundraising Manager
LocationBased in Northampton, covering Central Midlands and Anglia Region
Reports ToHead of Regional Fundraising,
Midlands and Anglia
Responsible ForFundraising Team in Midlands and Anglia
To develop and implement an Area Fundraising plan for the regionaligned with the National and Regional fundraising strategy to ensure that MCCC fundraising is maximised in order to achieve growth potential and targets.
To manage MCCC fundraising activities and projects within your own team and to line manage and oversee the other fundraising teams within the area, focusing on the development of volunteer and supporter relationships
1. Managing area fundraising activity:
- Setting/contributing to fundraising plans and agreeing area/project income targets.
- Ensuring the delivery of targets, plans and/or projects across a pre-defined area of responsibility.
- Agreeing and contributing to the planning and marketing of local and national fundraising activities across their area of responsibility.
- Providing and analysing statistical data and information about area/project performance and activity, supporters and volunteers, development opportunities etc.
- Attending national, local and regional events.
- Ensuring standards are met and legal frameworks are adhered to across their area of responsibility.
- Implementing the MCCC fundraising feedback procedure.
- Ensuring that all area income and expenditure is correctly accounted for and all cash handled in accordance with MCCC’s procedures and policies.
2. Developing and managing relationships:
- Establishing and developing relationships with key MCCC staff ie Fundraising colleagues, nursing team managers, hospice managers, area nurse managers, area shop managers etc.
- Fostering relationships with current and potential major donors and corporate supporters
3. Management of fundraising or project team:
- Managing a team of fundraisers or managing/influencing a project team across their area of responsibility.
- Recruiting, inducting and developing staff across their area of responsibility or project.
- Monitoring and managing staff sickness, absence, attendance, leave etc.
- Undertaking PPRDs/appraisalsand agreeing personal development plans with staff.
- Performance management of staff.
4.Delivering fundraising plans and targets locally (Community Fundraiser duties performed at level 3 as per Community Fundraiser job description):
Delivering local fundraising plans and activities
Putting the supporter first
- Representing & deputising for the Head of Community Fundraising as and when required
- Undertaking administration associated with additional Area Fundraising Manager duties as appropriate.
- Head of Community Fundraising, local/area community fundraising colleagues, regional and other fundraising colleagues across MCCC including corporate and other central teams.
- Area Shop Managers, Area Nurse Managers, Hospice Managers, Nursing Service Managers and other key MCCC staff.
- Other MCCC regional contacts eg Marketing/PR, Regional HR etc.
- Volunteers and fundraising groups.
- External fundraising networks and contacts from other charities.
- Local media.
- Other local community contacts.
In addition to the specific duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description, all Marie Curie Cancer Care employees should be aware of their specific responsibilities towards the following:
- Marie Curie Cancer Care operates a no-smoking policy. The post holder should either be a non-smoker or be prepared not to smoke in any Charity premises, grounds or vehicles or when on Marie Curie Cancer Care business outside the office.
- Adhere to all health and safety and fire regulationsand to co-operate with the Charity in maintaining good standards of health and safety.
- Uphold ethical and professional standards and not behave in a manner that is likely to bring the Charity into disrepute.
- Promote and sustain a responsible attitude towards equal opportunities and diversity within the Charity.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing registration requirements or any national professional or occupational standards associated with the role.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing learning and development and to participate in any training relevant to the role.
- For designated roles, the post holder will be responsible for health & safety, business continuity planning and/or risk management. (These responsibilities will be notified on appointment).
- Marie Curie Cancer Care is committed to encouraging volunteering throughout the organisation and as such the post holder will be expected to support and respect volunteers, and may be asked to work alongside or supervise a volunteer as part of their role whilst working at Marie Curie Cancer Care.
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements of the charity at any time after discussion with the post holder/ Marie Curie Cancer Care
Job TitleArea Fundraising Manager
Job Reference:SE935Criteria / Essential / Desirable / How Assessed
Experience / - Managed and achieved a larger income/expenditure budget (eg £300,000+ of income/expenditure/contribution)
- Has worked to achieve strategic goals & targets
- Has run team meetings
- Has managed projects locally
- Has dealt with complaints and incidents
- Has line managed people / - Has set strategic goals and targets
- Has trained, buddied, coached or mentored team members
- Has represented RFM/senior manager / Application form/Interview
Qualifications & training / - Five GCSE’s (grade C or above) or equivalent, including English and Mathematics OR
- Demonstrable literacy and numeracy / - Educated to A level standard or equivalent (e.g. professional qualifications) / Application form / Certificate of qualification / Test (as applicable)
Skills & abilities / - Team management & leadership skills
- Basic project management skills
- Influencing skills
- Financial and business planning & target setting
- Information analysis, problem solving & decision making
- Interpersonal and networking skills / - Ability to manage large or multiple projects
- Ability to constructively challenge and bring improvements
- Strategic planning skills / Application form / Interview / Presentation
Knowledge / - Knowledge of operational management techniques
- Knowledge of fundraising ethics and methods
- Understanding of people and team management techniques / - Knowledge of strategic planning
- Understanding of fundraising strategies
- Awareness of team building and leadership techniques / Interview
Other requirements / Car owner/driver
Willing to work unsocial hours
/ Marie Curie Cancer Care
Terms and conditions
Job titleArea Fundraising Manager
Salary scaleMarie Curie Cancer Care
Salary£31,571 per annum
Annual leave entitlement25 days plus bank holidays
Notice periodOne month
Working hours35 hours per week
Probationary periodSix months
- Continued access to NHS Pension Scheme (subject to eligibility)
- Marie Curie Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Loan schemes for bikes; computers and satellite navigation systems
Closing date:27th February 2012
Interview date:27th March 2012
Please send applications to:
Rebecca Watkins, HR Department, Marie Curie Cancer Care,
7th Floor, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP
This version 04/01/2019