COLORADO STATE COUNCIL
You have been selected as Corresponding Secretary by the President of Colorado State Council (CSC) because she has placed much confidence in you to help her and the CSC succeed. You will be her closest sister/officer/friend during this year you will be her right-hand “woman”. You will assist her in all areas in preparing for and during her year as President. You will also fulfill all duties on both the Executive and General Boards.
I.Refer to CSC Constitution, Bylaws, and Standing Rules for all duties, please read the complete document.
A.Assist the President:
1.Communicate with membership via electronic or written correspondence.
2.Planning and setting up meetings:
a.Fall and Spring CSC meeting
3.Compile Yearbook with following information (order to be determined by President):
- Cover - President designed using her theme
- Table of Contents
- Colorado ESA Website
- Yearbook Change Form
- President’s Theme, Welcome or Acceptance Speech
- Future Convention sites (State and International Council)
- General Information (a summary of who to send what to and when)
- CSC dues form
- CSC Officers and Advisors* (*Lamplighter President prepares thisfor Sunday morning meeting.)
- President appointed Committees
- Officer’s chapter in-service assignment
- CSC Chapter and Council Presidents (information from Officer Change Form collected at State Convention.)
- Lamplighter and Officers (Active list of Past Presidents, check with Lamplighter President or Treasurer for an updated list)
- Past State Presidents (Listed by year of service, theme, conventioncity and theme)
- Outstanding Woman of the Year
- Outstanding Chapter of the Year
- Pioneer Woman of the Year
- Pledge of the Year
- CSC Bylaws and Standing Rules (Provided by Parliamentarian by June 15th or thirty (30) days after the close of the CSC convention)
- IC Dues form
- IC Officers and Committees (President receives info at IC convention)
- Headquarters Information
- ESA Foundation Directors and information about programs
- Forms are posted on the Website and not included in the Yearbook.
4.Distribute Yearbook at Fall Board meeting as follows:
- Complimentary copies given to all elected and appointed officers, Council and Chapter Presidents “in good standing.
- Current active Lamplighters shall receive a copy paid for by the Lamplighter Treasurer.
- Individual members shall purchase a copy at a price set by current State President.
III.Fall CSC Meeting:
A.Assist the President with arrangements.
BHave information at Convention; also publish in The Golden Lamp and provide to the Web Team.
C.Receive registrations and monies; prepare a list by chapter to be used atregistration.
D.Prepare name tags, make placecards for seating of officers and any guests thePresident deems necessary.
E.Register attendees, have Recording Secretary assist as she will need this information for roll call, collect fees if necessary, read correspondence at the meeting and assist President as needed.
F.Be prepared to give officer report, include any correction or additions for the Yearbook.
G.Provide payment to the hotel for meals, etc.
H.Be prepared. You may want to have an “office in a box” with supplies:
1.A small sturdy box to carry
3.Scotch tape (double sided and regular) and masking tape
4.Stapler and staples
7.Rubber bands and paper clips
8.Pencils, pens and markers
9.Handi-Tak, push pins, tacks
IV.Spring CSC Meeting:
A.Most responsibilities are the same as for the Fall CSC meeting.
B.Have registration forms published in TheGolden Lampand provide to the Web Team.
C.You may be consulted by the President-Elect about a gift for the President to bepresented at Convention.
A.Before the Convention:
1.Visit the Convention site with the President.
2.Before Convention assist with arrangements and invitation for Executive Lunch.
3.Work with President, ConventionCity, President-Elect, and Awards Chairman to prepare agenda for convention book.
4.At the President’s request, you may need signs for the room doors of the Officers, etc., but check with the ConventionCity first.
5.Assist with arrangements for the announcement party for the results of theelection.
1.Assist President and IC Representative.
2.Collect CSC Officers’ reports for Recording Secretary and President.
3.Collect and read correspondence.
4.Be ready to assist with any entertaining the President may need.
5Check on arrangements of meeting with ConventionCity.
A.Provide a disc with all Yearbook files and other files prepared for the year to begiven to your successor at the Spring CSC Meeting.
B.Provide Yearbook information to Web Team after State Convention, butnot later than August 1st. Also provide revisions to TheGolden Lamp.
C.Prepare articles forTheGolden Lampas needed per schedule.
D.Written summary of year activities due at State Convention. Three copies; oneeach for President, Recording Secretary, and Officer’s files.
E.Make recommendations to pass on to your successor.
F.Write chapter in-service letters.
G.Contact Lamplighter Advisor.
VII.Sunday morning Officer’s meeting:
A.Attend meeting called by the newly installed President.
B.Pass all files, stationery, etc. to successor.
Revised March 2008
Revised September 2011
Revised April 2013
Revised September 2014