Ulster GAA President’s Awards 29th November 2013
Club Coaching and Games Development Awards
Ulster GAA President Martin McAviney has put a clear focus for his 2013 Awards on Club Coaching and Games Development. He has asked that we start a process of selecting clubs for these Awards. The timeline is very tight and as such we are asking County Boards for their assistance in this process. To date it has been discussed with the Coaching Officers at the Provincial Meeting and the Games Development Managers at the recent monthly meeting. This however is an official approach to County Boards following approval at this week’s Management Committee to begin the process.
We are seeking three nominations from Counties and would like to follow this process with your assistance:
- The attached is circulated immediately to the Clubs in the County via your email contacts.
- The County Chairman, Secretary, Coaching Officer and Games Development Manager seek nominations from their clubs for this President’s Award for Club Coaching based on the submission and criteria in the application attached.
- All nominations are received by the County Committee by Friday 27th September.
- County Committee short list three clubs based on the applications and personal knowledge of the club and forward 3nomination forms for consideration to Ulster GAA byFriday 4th October.
- Ulster GAA committee chaired by the President to include the Chairman of Coaching and Games Development, Hurling Development Manager, Provincial Games Manager, Coaching Development Manager and the Director of Coaching and Games Development will meet on the 7th October to consider the 27 nominationsfor County and Provincial Awards.
- The Provincial panel will select one Club from each county (County Award €1,000) and an overall winner (Provincial Award €5,000) and a ( Special Recognition or Runner up €3,000) that will be recommended to the 15thOctober meeting of Coiste Bannisti.
- This process incorporates the local knowledge of you the County Officials who are close to the work of each club throughout the year in this area of Coaching and Games Development.
- Ulster GAA will notify the successful club of their County Award following the October meeting and an invitation will be extended to the club to attend the President’s Award on 29th November to represent their club and county.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me on 07736349749
Is mise le meas
Dr. Eugene Young
Director of Coaching and Games Development
Ulster GAA President’s Award 2013
Club Coaching Programme
Ulster GAA President Martin McAviney will host the Annual Ulster GAA President’s Award on 29th November. We are seeking nominations from clubs who believe that the quality of their coaching and games program is such that it merits an award. Please complete the following application and return to your County Secretary to be considered for the County and Provincial Club Awards for Coaching by Friday 27th September.
Club and Contact Information (Structures)Name of Club
Name of Club Secretary
Address Club Secretary
Club Secretary Email:
Name of Club Coaching Officer:
Club Coaching Officer email:
Name School Liaison Officer:
School Liaison Officer email:
Do you have a sub-committee dealing with Coaching and Games / Yes No Planning to set one up for 2014
Promotion of Gaelic Games (Strategy)Do you have a coaching and games plan or strategy or guiding documents? / No Yes (if yes please attach to the application)
How many Codes does your Club Deliver? / Football Hurling Handball Rounders
Does your Club support ladies codes? / Football: Yes No Camogie: Yes No
Does your Club have any people with learning of physical disabilities involved with the games? (Maximum 50 words)
Yes No if yes please explain the context and how they are integrated.
How does the club engage with the local school(s)?
(Maximum 50 words)
Yes No if yes please explain the context and how you engage local schools.
Club Coaching Program (Systems to support development)Is there a nursery coaching program? / U6 U8 U10
What is the content of the program at nursery level (Maximum 40 words)?
Is there a juvenile coaching program? / U12 U14 U16 U18
What is the content of the program at juvenile level (Maximum 40 words)?
Is there an adult coaching program? / U21 Thirds Senior Reserve Senior
When does your nursery program run?
When does your juvenile program run?
How many County run Go Games Blitzes have you attended this season?
How many children have attended you summer camps over the last two years / 2011:
How many coaches have attended Coach Development Programs provided by the County in 2012 and 2013?
How many coaches attended Coach Development Programs provided by Ulster GAA? / Please list the
Coaching Personnel (Staffing your teams and program)How many coaches have you operating at each level across all codes in your club
U6 / U8 / U10
U12 / U14 / U16 / U18
U21 / Thirds / Senior Reserve / Senior
Coaching Personnel (Skills and Competencies)How many qualified coaches have you operating at each level across all codes in your club
U6 / Foundation:
Level 2 / U8 / Foundation:
Level 2 / U10 / Foundation:
Level 2 / Foundation:
U12 / Foundation:
Level 2 / U14 / Foundation:
Level 2 / U16 / Foundation:
Level 2 / U18 / Foundation:
U21 / Foundation:
Level 2 / 3rds / Foundation:
Level 2 / Senior Reserve / Foundation:
Level 2 / Senior / Foundation:
How do your coaches keep up to date with current developments in coaching? Maximum 50 words
List Coaches who have attended the Ulster Coaching Conference in January 2012 and January 2013
Coach and Playing Personnel (Discipline)Comment on your club’s disciplinary record in blitzes and competition and how you manage yourplayers and coaches’ behavior in this context? (Maximum 100 words)
Attached Club’s Youth and Senior Player and Coaches Codes of Conduct to application if available
Explain how have you implemented the GAA Respect campaign within the club?
(Maximum 100 words)
Explain how have you implemented the Code of Ethics and Best Practice within the Club?
(Maximum 100 words)
What procedures have you in place for vetting coaches and how many coaches are vetted within your structures?(Maximum 100 words)
Attached Club’s Child Protection Policy and Procedures to application if available
Statement from ClubIn less than 500 words please outline why your club should receive a County and Provincial Club Coaching Award?
Club Secretary Signature: Date:
For Use by County Board
Statement from the County BoardIn less than 150 words please outline why your recommend this club to receive the President’s Club Coaching Award.
County Secretary Signature: Date: