Dear Dancers and Instructors, herewith information regarding the
Western Cape Provincial Competition
being held on
Saturday 4th March 2017
President Hoërskool (High School),
Versfeld Rd, Vrijzee, Goodwood
Doors open at 09h30
(competition music will be played for practice purposes)
Competition starts at 11h00
We will be holding a social after the competition (poster for this attached)
R60 entry fee for spectators/non-competitors/social dancers
Due to the fact that we’re not sure of the amount of entries yet, we’re not able to give an indication of what time the social will start but we can confirm this the week before the event. We’re thinking the social will run from approximately 13h30 till 16h30 with prize giving during this social as soon as the certificates have been done!
Spectators/Social dancers must please book their tables as soon as possible.
1. PLEASE FIND AN ENTRY FEE SCHEDULE ATTACHED TO THIS EMAIL FOR BOTH SPECTATORS AND COMPETITORS AS WELL AS THE ENTRY FORMS
2. AGE CATEGORIES AND DIVISIONS
Tiny Tots: Age 0-4
Rugrats: Age 0-6
Junior: Age 0-12
Primary: Age 0-9
Teen: Age 13-15
Young Adult: Age 16-24
Open: Age 25+
Crystal: Age 35+ (Only in SA)
Silver: Age 45+
Gold: Age 60+
Platinum: Age 70+ (Only in SA)
Starter Age Categories
Junior: Age 0-12 / Teen: Age 13-15 / Open: Age 16-35/ Gems: Age 35 &
Partners Age Categories
Junior Teen: Age 0-15 years / Open: Age 16+ / Gems: Age35+
Duos Age Categories
Junior Teen: Age 0-15 years / Open: Age 16+ / Senior: Age35+
Showcase Duos, Quads, Country Classic Team Age Categories
Open: All ages
Teams Standard & Cabaret
Junior Teen: Age 0-15 years / Young Adult: Age 16-24 years / Open: Age25+
Your age on 1st September 2015 determines which division you will dance in for the
competition year. – i.e. (D.O.B. 21.09.1966 – age category 47 – Silver or D.O.B.
14.02.1999 – Age category 15 – Teen)
3. All entries must be accompanied by proof of payment and be paid to:
K.W. VAN DER MERWE
FIRST NATIONAL BANK
PAARL MALL BRANCH –250057
SAVINGS ACCOUNT NR: 62350809897
4. When depositing entry fees, your reference must be YOUR INDIVIDUAL NAME if not entering through a specific club, or your CLUB NAME if sending in a combined entry. DUO, QUAD or TEAM entries must choose a name and this must be indicated on the entry forms.
5. Closing date for the competition will be 20th February 2017. No entries will be accepted on the day of the competition. (Limited Spectator tickets will be available on the day. Please advise spectators you are aware of to book and pay before the time so that they are guaranteed of their seating)
6. Entries must please be emailed to
7. Entries may only be submitted on the official entry form.
8. Sections may be combined if insufficient entries are received. Age groups/gender may be danced as one section but judged separately.
9. Cancellations will not be refunded.
RULES AND DRESS CODES
1. World Dance Masters dress code will be enforced and strictly adhered to. No dispensation will be given regarding shoes or costumes but please feel free to contact me should you have medical reasons for not being able to wear the correct footwear.
2. World Dance Masters rules will apply to the competition. These rules are available at for your perusal.
3. Dancers may not discuss their divisions or anything relating to the competition with any of the judges before or during the event. This may result in immediate disqualification with no refund on the entry fees.
RIGHT OF ADMISSION RESERVED
1. Right of admission to the competition is strictly reserved.
2. All spectators and dancers must adhere to a smart casual dress code, adhere to the rules of the competition and simply be considerate in general to fellow competitors and spectators.
3. Strictly no smoking in the venue or in front of the exits.
1. The stage/official area will be reserved for competition officials only.
2. We will confirm via email whether a Tuck Shop selling snacks, light meals and refreshments will be available on the day but you are still more than welcome to bring your own eats and drinks. Shops are however in very close proximity of the venue.
3. A social dance list will be compiled closer to the time and for this we ask that each instructor attending, please forward us a selection of their top 20 dances by end of January.
4. No alcohol to be used in the hall during the competition.
5. Each dancer must pay R20 deposit for their competition number. This is refundable on the return of the number.
6. Due to this being a Provincial Competition, no videos or photos are allowed to be taken of the competition dancing, however, we will have an official videographer/photographer available and these can be ordered with him.
7. The organizers, LDSA, President High School or any of the officials will NOT be held responsible in any way for any injury, loss or theft of property by any competitor or spectator.
I sincerely hope that this email has reached all the instructors we are aware of in South Africa and especially the Western Cape as we wouldn’t want anyone to miss out on any of our events but should you be aware of someone we may have overlooked, please be so kind as to forward it on to them.
Any further enquiries can be forwarded to myself or Nadia Coen (LDSA/MASTERS REPRESENTATIVE S.A.) via email or phone,
Hope to have you and your dancers sharing the floor with us yet again.
Karin van der Merwe
082 837 2682 / 021 872 1566