CENTRAL PUGET SOUND
POSITION TITLE:Member Services Associate
REPORTS TO:Member Services Manager
FULL/PART TIME:Part Time
LOCATION:Seattle Camp Fire Office
Performs data entry and analysis in youth and volunteer databases. Assists with customer service and miscellaneous office functions supporting program departments.
The Camp Fire Promise reads: Young people want to shape the world. Camp Fire provides the opportunity to find their spark, lift their voice, and discover who they are. In Camp Fire, it begins now. Light the fire within. Camp Fire is a 106-year-old non-profit youth development & programming organization that serves 8,000 youth per year in King, Kitsap, and North Mason Counties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enter youth registrations camp and year-round programs.
- Perform background checks on Camp Fire volunteers.
- Monitor program capacities and make adjustments as needed.
- Collect payment from families.
- Report and allocate payments and refunds.
- Communicate with parents of participants by phone & email to answer questions about the registration and payment processes and Camp Fire programs.
- Assist with inventory management, merchandizing, and order fulfillment of Camp Fire stores.
- Acts as representative of member services department in weekly staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Minimum age 21
A high level of organizational skills and detail orientation
Ability to work autonomously with responsibility, accountability, and flexibility
Prior experience with database systems, point of sale systems, and/or Microsoft Excel preferred
Knowledge of Camp Fire Central Puget Sound programs preferred
Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and community
Camp Fire is an organization that supports diversity and cultural competence, and expects its staff and volunteers to demonstrate respectful interactions with all others in all communications and functions as a representative of the organization.
The Member Services Associate works primarily indoors in front of a computer, but often standing and/or walking.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sit for long periods of time
Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds for 100 yards
Repetitive motions of hands/wrists
Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English