Adult Education Department Accelerating Opportunities Coordinator
Adult Education Department –Accelerating Opportunities Coordinator
This job is a temporary, part-time position in the Adult Education Department reporting to Dean of Adult Education.
Schedule:May work up to twenty-nine (29) hours per week maximum depending on business needs and budget for a period not to exceed nine consecutive calendar months. There must be a separation of employment for a period of at least thirty (30) calendar days before becoming eligible for re-employment including any future period(s) of active employment.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Flexibility to alter this schedule is required to accommodate program needs and department schedule changes.
Salary: $22.00 per hour
Bachelor’s degree in education, business or public administration or a closely related field *OR* five (5) years related experience.
Two years grants management or related experience. Master’s degree preferred.
Required Competency Skills
- Knowledge of adult education and/or technical education
- Knowledge of grant management
- Knowledge of project management
- Knowledge of public relations/marketing and/or community outreach
- Excellent leadership and advisory skills
The ability to travel for conference/training participation is required
The role of the local college Accelerating Opportunity (AO) Coordinator is to support the implementation of the Accelerating Opportunity grant at the local technical college level and serve as the local college Point of Contact (POC) for the System Office AO staff. Additionally, the incumbent will provide administrative support of the grant by monitoring deliverables, generating and submitting reports as dictated by the grant funders, and communicating initiative status to the TCSG AO Coordinator, as requested.
The Coordinator will support the local AO program by establishing a college implementation team (including representatives from Admissions, Recruitment, Financial Aid, Adult Education Instruction, Technical Education Instruction and Transition/Career Coaching support, etc.) for the:
- Development and verification of career pathways
- Creation of contextualized curriculum
- Establishment of a student services support team
- Provision of ongoing professional development for Adult Ed and Tech Ed faculty and staff based on the principles of the Integrated Basic Education Skills Training (I-BEST) Team Teaching model and the AO MOU non-negotiable requirements
The AO Coordinator will also identify and collaborate with local community partners (i.e. Department of Labor, Workforce Investment Boards, local funders) to support program activities and long-term program sustainability.
The Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day planning, organizing, and evaluating the college AO initiative to include:
- Managing the operational aspect of the program on a day-to-day basis including scheduling workshops, monitoring budgets, processing financial documents
- Convening local teams to develop and implement the project plan
- Coordinating professional development including statewide and national workshops
- Monitoring the project to ensure the grant requirements and accountability measures are being met
- Preparing monthly reports, as well as an annual report for the AO initiative
- Promoting and marketing program services to the community
- Collaborating with partners to identify program participants
- Identifying and creating strategic targeted sector-based programs and services
- Leveraging collective partnerships and resources as appropriate to implement program goals and objectives
- Coordinating with partners to ensure accurate program data is collected
- Utilizing the data throughout the project to evaluate program success.
- Performs other duties as assigned in the fulfillment of the needs, philosophy, and purpose of Gwinnett Technical College.
Gwinnett Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era’ or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). For more information on compliance activities, contact Lisa Richardson, Title IX and Section 504 Coordinator, 5150 Sugarloaf Parkway, Building 100, Room 323B, Lawrenceville, GA 30043, 770-962-7580.
Please complete your job application through the Gwinnett Technical College Online Job Center at located under Employment Opportunities.