Academic Position in Building Services Engineering
Building Services Engineering is a new program under the Faculty of Engineering & IT to be launched soon by The British University in Dubai.
In this role, you are Applicants should have:
- A PhD in Building Services Engineering/ Electrical and Electronics Engineering or other closely related field.
- Experience in a range of Building Services Engineering specialist topics (in order of priority) such as:
- Design of Electrical Installations and Switchgear
- Electrical Machines and Electrical Energy Supply & Demand
- Power Electronic Devices used in Building Services Applications
- Plumbing (water supply,drainage and sanitation)
- Building Management systems including Safety and Security systems
- Escalators, Lifts & Vertical Transportation
- Systems Maintenance Management and Reliability Engineering
- International standing and research track record in the area of Building Services Engineering
- Experience of developing, securing funding for and supervising research projects
- Experience of postgraduate teaching and research supervision in the subject areas of Building Services Engineering and related fields at the PhD and Masters levels.
- The ability and willingness to develop teaching materials and deliver generic taught modules in a range of Building Services Engineering related fields.
- An interest and willingness to develop learning approaches using innovative technologies and a genuine interest in student centered approaches to learning and teaching.
- Well-developed team work and communications skills.
- A willingness and ability to interact with specialists from the public and private sectors in the fields of curriculum development and research formulation.
- Knowledge and experience of Dubai, the UAE and Middle East is highly desirable
Your role in Research -
You would be expected to be active in research and publish in top-tier international journals.BUiD seeks significant research funding for which you are expected to interact with the UAE private and public sectors and contribute to BUiD’s research agenda.
The successful candidate will be appointed at the level of Assistant or Associate or Full Professor (depending on the candidates’ qualifications) and will be expected to join BUiD in September 2017. The person appointed will be resident in the UAE.
The successful candidate will have a PhD from a reorganized university, with a strong and growingpublication record evidencing excellent potential for further research. Relevant teachingexperience in higher education and at postgraduate level is essential. Ability to teachtransferable skills in the above subject areas would be advantageous.