Hours of Work:/
35 hours, including matchdays when required.
Everton in the Community
Goodison Park and mobile across Merseyside
Fundraising Assistant, Volunteers, Apprentices, Casual Workers and Student Placements as and when requited.
Role SummaryTo play a key role in the planning, development, communication and implementation of Everton in the Community’s fundraising strategy and events calendar, meeting agreed targets within the context of the charity’s strategic direction.
As a hugely exciting and customer-facing element of EitC’s work, the post holder is expected to bring vibrancy and creativity to this role, utilising a range of high-profile fundraising events and activities to raise the profile of the Charity, regionally and nationally, both on matchdays and non-matchdays.
The post holder will also work to align EitC’s fundraising activities with the wider remit of the Charity’s thematic areas and the Clubs various departments and pillars.
- Main Tasks
- With the support of the Fundraising Manager, play a key role in planning, developing, communicating and implementing Everton in the Community’s annual fundraising strategy and events calendar, meeting agreed targets within the context of the charity’s strategic direction.
- With the support of the Fundraising Manager play a key role in planning, preparation and delivery of key fundraising events such as annual charity golf event, mascot experiences, skydives, zip slide challenges, Goodison Sleepout, and other key events which take place throughout the year.
- To work closely with external organisations with the aim of engaging and encouraging supporters to get involved in third-party events such as running and cycling events.
- To support the Fundraising Assistant with the delivery of match day and non-match day fundraising initiatives and activities.
- Continue to liaise and build relationships with corporate partners and work with the Fundraising Manager and Corporate Partnerships Managerto secure additional sponsorship and income.
- Work with HR and Payroll to re-engage with staff via payroll giving scheme the charity, the Club, Academy, First Team players.
- To work closely with our Paralegal partner to drive and promote the Free Will Giving scheme, focusing on Free Will months March and November.
- Ensure EitC’s annual events calendar is kept up-to-date and is regularly contributed to by colleagues across the Charity. Use the calendar to guide and inform all planning and development of fundraising events and activities for the year ahead.
- Monitor financial and non-financial objectives within budgeted expenditure alongside the Fundraising Manager and the Charity’s Finance Department.
- Utilise and maintain relevant data systems such as Talent, Salesforce. To understand relevant fundraising mechanics such as Just Giving and Virgin Giving.
- Contribute to the production of timely reports on all aspects of potential and/or existing fundraising activities and events as required, to include, for example, developing case studies, obtaining quotes and testimonials, highlighting statistics and cataloguing pictures and videos.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, contacts, contractors and venues to ensure value for money and to secure raffle/auction prizes.
- Ensure all fundraisers receive materials such as fundraising packs, sponsorship forms and relevant information is send accordingly, offering individual fundraisers advise and support when required.
- Marketing, Promotion and Events
- Work with Everton Football Club’s Marketing Team to develop relevant promotional materials and mailing campaigns for various fundraising events and activities.
- Work closely with Everton in the Community’s Press and PR Officer to ensure that maximum exposure is brought to the Charity’s fundraising events and activities, utilising a variety of internal and external media outlets.
- Ensure that any fundraising or fan engagement events that are led by the Fundraising Team are delivered to the highest possible standards and within budget.
- Ensure that thorough risk assessments are carried out prior to fundraising events and activities, taking into account and reporting any potential hazards that may occur and doing everything possible to eradicate the risk.
- To be responsible for the direction, safety and well-being of fundraising volunteers at relevant fundraising events and activities.
- Research & Development
- Continue to research, evaluate and recommend fundraising techniques, strategies and activities that would benefitEitC, whilst having a significant presence across regional and national fundraising networks in order to grow our organisational knowledge and insight.
- Continually monitor, assess, evaluate and revise the Charity’s fundraising activities to ensure they are feasible, fruitful and delivered with maximum efficiency. Where necessary conduct full event de-briefs as part of this process to affirm successes and overcome unexpected challenges.
- Relationship Management
- Be the first point of contact for certain individuals wishing to fundraise and/or put on events for EitC, ensuring the highest level of support and customer care throughout the process.
- Be prepared to be a public-facing voice for EitC, understanding and appreciating its work, team, aims and objectives, its image and charitable obligations.
- General Responsibilities
- Comply with the Charity’s financial control procedures in relation to monies, gifts in-kind and other donations received and record neutral transfers on behalf of the department.
- Be an ambassador for EitC and Everton Football Club, representing both organisations to the highest standards in all dealings with both internal and external parties.
- Take an active approach to your personal and professional development, both in sourcing relevant training opportunities and taking advantage of training opportunities that are presented to you.
- Participate in and play an active role in team meetings.
- Present progress and targets to the EitC Management Team as and when required.
- Adhere to both EitC’s policies and relevant third-party policies relating to things such as equal opportunities, official fundraising protocol, confidentiality and data protection.
- Maintain product/departmental knowledge on the full range of goods and services provided by Everton in the Community.
- Advise line manager of any circumstances likely to cause delay, failure or loss of delivery, quality or income to fundraising activities as soon as detected.
- Carry out other pertinent activities commensurate with the post.
PERSON SPECIFICATIONSkills & Abilities
Essential / Desirable
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, who places high value on attention to detail.
- Highly Computer literate (with strong abilities on Word, Excel and ideally Database knowledge and application).
- Strong administration, organisational and planning skills, with an ability to look past the numbers.
- An ability to adapt quickly, be flexible in the face of change and solution orientated.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to anticipate and prioritise diverse workload.
- Ability to carry through projects from conception to completion.
- Able to prioritise and manage work, time and resources cost-effectively.
- Flexible approach, with ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with an ability to build rapport and positive relationships with all levels of an organisation.
- Good diplomatic skills and able to work collaboratively with other parts of the charity including development staff.
- Ability to negotiate.
Knowledge & Experience
Essential / Desirable
- Proven experience of fundraising from a variety of sources.
- Understanding of the Charities Act and other legislation effecting fundraising ventures.
- Experienced and comfortable with giving presentations.
- Thorough knowledge of all EitC programmes.
- Experience of working in the voluntary sector.
- Membership of the Institute of Fundraising.
Essential / Desirable
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the aims of EitC.
- Good team player who can also work on own initiative.
- Commitment to building a career in the charity sector.
- Sense of humour and strong sense of team spirit.
- Willingness to experience and manage change.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, creative and innovative.
- Keen to contribute to the overall development of the charity.
- Proactive “can-do” approach to work.
- Willingness to occasionally work weekends and in the evening.
- Compassionate understanding as to the needs of EitC service-users.
Essential / Desirable
- Driving Licence and access to a car.
- Degree or comparable qualification in a related field.
- Post Graduate qualification in fundraising, marketing or project management.
- Membership of the Institute of Fundraising.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIESGeneral Responsibilities
Employee RelationsTo make suggestions to improve the working situation and contribute to positive employee relations within their area of work and Everton Football Club as a whole.
Health & Safety
To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other employees and members of the public who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
To comply with all aspects of the Everton Football Club Health and Safety Policy and Arrangements, to enable the Company to perform its civil and statutory obligations in relation to Health & Safety.
Customer ServiceIdentify and meet the needs of colleagues and our customers, focusing on initiating and welcoming contact and communication whilst striving to deliver first class customer service.
Recognise potential complaint situations and make effective steps to avoid and/or resolve these situations.
Self DevelopmentTo take responsibility for your own development and to help realize your own potential by undertaking any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with the Company’s Performance and Development Review Policy.
Ensure effective communication within your work team and across the Company whilst actively offering support and guidance as necessary.
Equal Opportunities and HarassmentTo cooperate with measures introduced to ensure there is equality of opportunity in employment. To ensure understanding, awareness and compliance with the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policies.
To ensure that the working environment is free of sexual and racial harassment and intimidation and any other form of harassment constituting unacceptable behaviour which is personally offensive.
This document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
All employees may be required to undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested.