RMC JD Volunteer Manager
Job Title:Volunteer Manager
Report to:Senior Management Team
Job purpose: RMC is seeking to extend and expand its volunteer base and to develop volunteer work so that it becomes an integral part of the organisation. In cooperation with senior managers and caseworkers the post- holder will identify and develop volunteers to assist the organisation in delivering its targets, with a particular focus on advice and health related volunteers.
The post holder will need to have at least three years of experience in a similar role.
Working arrangements:The post holder will be expected to work 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, at the premises in 9 Waterloo Road Wolverhampton but as this is a regional role travel within Birmingham and the Black Country will be required.
Salary: £22-24,000 dependent on experience
Probationary period:4 months
Main responsibilities of job
- Volunteer Development
- Responsible for attracting, recruiting, inducting, motivating, developing, retaining, deploying and managing volunteers.
- Build key relationships with stakeholders in order to develop a large network of volunteers.
- Develop innovative approaches, involve volunteers with our work, maximise the benefits of volunteering and improve the overall volunteering experience.
- Organise and run training sessions for volunteers, including our externallyaccredited volunteering programme.
- Provide day to day mentoring and support
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of volunteering
- Develop and maintain relevant volunteer policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to.
- Implement and maintain all relevant paper-based and electronic systems within this area.
- Ensure that volunteers are well prepared, as a result of their work experience, to enable them to move on to education, training or employment. It is vital that volunteers leave RMC with many transferable skills that they can utilise in making a positive difference to their lives.
- New projects
- To work with the Senior Management Team and the delivery team to identify new projects on which volunteers could be placed. To ensure appropriate volunteers are recruited to deliver identified projects and tasks.
In order to deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above. Such duties, however, will fall within the general scope of the job. This job description will be subject to periodic review with the post holder to ensure it accurately reflects the duties of the job.
Equal opportunities statement
As part of its recruitment policy, RMC intends to ensure that no prospective or actual employee is discriminated against on the basis of race, sex, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation, employment status, class, disability, age, religious belief or political persuasion, or is disadvantaged by any condition or requirement which is not demonstrably justifiable within the person specification.
Refugee & Migrant Centre
Volunteer ManagerEssential / Desirable
At least three years of experience of working with placements and/or volunteers in a management or supervisory role /
Experience of working in the third sector with disadvantaged groups. /
Experience of working with quality standards /
Knowledge of goodpractice in induction for volunteers within an organisation /
Knowledge of main considerations for managing volunteers within an organisation /
Ability to prepare written information (reports, letters) /
Ability to communicate with variety of different people in a variety of situations, especially people for whom English is not a first language /
IT Computer literate, especially in Microsoft Word and Excel. /
Ability to prioritise and manage own workload and time. /
Ability to work effectively within a team /
Ability to operate a simple petty cash system /
Ability to maintain accurate and up to date manual and electronic records /
Commitment to Equal Opportunities /
Commitment to Health and Safety in the workplace /