Tyngsboro Youth Soccer Association
Unfinished Business / Agenda ItemsDate / Start Time / Purpose / Location
9/10/14 / 7:30 PM / Tyngsboro Sports Center
Attendees: Rich Defronzo, Heather Beltz, Stephane Lessard, Brenda Cote, Dave Seltz
Guest: Jeffrey Bowe (U6 Coach)
Approval of Treasurer’s Report: n/a (we did not have a quorum)
Approval of Minutes: n/a
Meeting called to order: 7:40pm.
Unfinished Business :
Successful tournament – lots of kudos to everyone plus a nice check for TYSA!
- We reviews issues with the U6 program and its current format
- Too many on each team (18). This is due to many late registrations and the fact that the registration deadline is late.
- We discussed several options to alleviate this.
- Maybe have an extra field.
- Maybe split teams in half. This would be too hard to do mid-season (how do you split the teams?
- ACTION - Dave will contact Peter about the possibility of another field.
- Age group FAQs
- Rob Strong suggested that we have a FAQ list of information sheet for the different age groups so that parents understand how everything is set up and why they are set up that way.
- Dave put together a document we can use as a starting point.
- Suggestions for additions to the document (from Brenda):
- Explain the U10+ two season commitment
- Explain why the soccer age requirement does not match the school age requirement.
- It was suggested that for U6 and U8 have the registration deadline July 31 every year, March 15
- Would give the age coordinators more time to get the teams together and get coaches.
- Set dates would be easier for the parents to remember.
- It was agreed (but not voted on) that adding a fee for late registrations would be a good idea.
- Can grant waiver to the late fee in limited cases (like if we are looking to fill teams)
- Maybe add $10 to the registration fee.
- We discussed how we get people to register on time??
- Need to send strongly worded communication over a variety of mediums
- Neighbor to neighbor
- Need to do multiple times leading up to and after registration date.
- Hand-outs at try-outs
- Sandwich board
- Snack shack
- School communication methods
- Registration fee increase
- We AE currently losing money
- Recommendation is to raise registration fees to raise an extra $3000/year
- One way to raise $10 for each age group.
- Board Position “Instruction books”
- Dave asked board members to write up instructions on how to successfully do their jobs. This would include what they do and when it needs to be done. This will make it easier to teach new members and also to make sure we are not leaving out anything.
- Have a shared calendar – maybe google.
- Have set emails addresses for board positions. For instance other towns have””.
- Check if policies are posted on the web - Dave
- Dave and heather will work on a plan for communicating registration dates with members.
- Dave will have Jay call Tina stamp about being u10 coordinator
- Heather will work with Anne and look into shared calendar and set email addresses.