TBAW Meeting Minutes
THE TENPIN BOWLING ASSOCIATION OF WALES
MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETING
HELD SUNDAY 10TH AUGUST2014
AT RHONDDA BOWL 11AMItem / Action
Roll CallTerry Richards, Chair
Alison Moore, Secretary
Kay Rogers, Treasurer
Apologies – Mark James
Minutes Previous MeetingThe minutes of the meeting held on 3rd May were approved. The minutes were accepted into the record of the TBAW, proposed by Brian Burdett and seconded by Sue Thomas.
There were no matters arising.
Chairperson’s ReportThe Chairhad nothing to report other than what was recorded elsewhere on the Agenda or in Any Other Business.
Secretary’s ReportThe Secretary ran through the incoming post. All were in relation to international tournaments and the Chair confirmed that these were being dealt with. One matter that was of particular interest was a press release from World Bowling about a new working group that has been set up to examine changes to the future scoring system and format of play for future events. The Group is due to report back at the end of this year. The aim is to make bowling more attractive to media and spectators.
Treasurer’s ReportThe Treasurer updated the Committee on the current status of the accounts. These were agreed by Council. It was agreed that the cost for next year’s AMF tournament will rise by £5.
Juniors and YACS
- Nothing to report on juniors
- Mrs Rogers confirmed that she was looking at around 26th October for the Under 24 Open. However, this may cause difficulties with half term week. Because of possible lack of entries, it was agreed that a feel for possible entries this year would be sought before it was decided if it would be viable to run.
- All arrangements are in hand for the YAC Triple Crown. One member of the girls’ team had asked for a particular coach to assist her. It was agreed that the coach would be allowed to assist, but would not have authorisation from the TBAW and would not be permitted to assist any of the other bowlers unless they asked for assistance.
Nothing to report.
- The Chair confirmed that all arrangements were in hand for all future events.
- The Council went through the suggested constitutional amendments made by Sue Holvey. The Secretary will make the relevant proposed amendments with a view to sending out the draft with the AGM notice.
- The date for the AGM was agreed.
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Open were discussed. Mr Wellsteed will continue preparing suggested changes to format so that the Bowl can be approached.
- The form for the next doubles tournament was confirmed
- The Secretary noted an issue with the format for the Triple Crown in that the Presidium meeting was scheduled for the same time as the Ladies Trios. The Secretary will contact the NITBF accordingly.
There being no other business the meeting closed at 2.10pm
END OF DOCUMENT
Page 1 of 2