SYSTEM CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR (2)
PURCHASING & SALES
MATERIALS & PROCUREMENT DEPARTMENT
**One position is a permanent, full-time and the second is a temporary opportunity up to approximately one year**
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey totransform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud.Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.”
We are currently seeking two System Contract Administrators. One is a permanent, full-time opportunity and the second is a temporary opportunity up to approximately one year.
- Coordinating and administering the day-to-day activities associated with system wide (corporate) contracts which may include: janitorial, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Carrying out activities associated with both the tendering and contract award phases and full contract administration of the assigned corporate contract, in accordance with TTC policies, best practices and departmental guidelines
- Coordinating the procurement process for cost centre-specific products/services or corporate contract acquisitions
- Liaising with the vendor and internal user departments to ensure smooth transition during contract start-ups
- Coordinating and resolving vendor claims (e.g. warranty, hardship, etc.), continually monitoring vendor performance for compliance with contract terms with respect to both commercial and technical requirements
- Conducting vendor performance and internal user contract assessment reviews at regular intervals and taking corrective action to resolve/improve performance issues
- Resolving disputes between the vendor and the internal user (e.g. quality issues, delivery requirements, invoicing, etc.)
- Taking an active part in the improvement of supply and delivery methods, by assisting to develop and evaluate procedures and provide training to user departments
- Developing and reviewing reports required for the administration of corporate contracts
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable and within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of the procedures associated with tendering and contract awards, contract documentation, and contract negotiation, and the principles, methods and practices of contract administration
- Sound judgement; well-developed analytical and problem-solving abilities; strong organizational and administrative skills; and effective interpersonal, presentation, and verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient with computer applications relevant to the work (i.e. Word, Excel and Access) and have, or quickly acquire, working knowledge of TTC’s computer-based Industrial Financial System (IFS)
- Working knowledge of applicable contract law
- Must possess a valid Ontario class “G” Driver’s Licence, and will be required to use a personal vehicle to travel to vendor and TTC properties on occasion
- Completion of post-secondary education in a business related discipline combined with several years of practical experience
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $62,680.80 - $78,351.00 (Level 7) – 35 Hours Week
Deadline to apply is August 2, 2016
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
For more details and how to apply, please visit our website at .
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.