Specification for Vitral A74 ROOFLIGHTS
- Description: Modular factory sealed and glazed panel system.
- Type: Double pitch rooflights / Mono pitch rooflights(please choose relevant).Upstand by others.
- Manufacturer: Vitral UK Ltd, 83 High Street, Linton, CB21 4JT
Tel: 01223 499000Fax: 01223 499001e-mail:
- Quality control of component manufacture: system to be manufactured to ISO 9001:2000
- Product reference: Vitral A74
- Frame: Thermally broken aluminium frame with thermal break of at least 20mm.
- Frame width: Sightlines between fixed &/or opening profiles to be 50mm or less Incl dual gaskets and drainage system.
- Finish: Natural anodized or PPCcoated aluminium frame in any standard RALcolour.Coating is applied according to GSB standards.
- Glazing details: Double glazed argon filled super low-e insulating glass unitswith reflective metal oxide coating applied off-line, laminated inner pane and toughened outeras required to resist maintenance and impact loadings and for the properties below:
- Light transmittance: 0.78 (78%)
- Total energy transmittance (G-Value):0.60
For Special glass requirements, please contact Vitral.
- Impact resistance: Complete rooflight assembly to be independently certified by accredited test house to TN66 / TN67 for impact resistance.
- Thermal transmittance: U-value (combined frame and glass) to be less than 1.6 W/m2°Caccording to EN12567-1:200: Thermal performance of windows and doors – determination of thermal transmittance by hot box method – Part1: Complete windows and doors.
- Air permeability: Rooflight system must achieve Air permeability Class 4 at 600 Pa according to EN12207 – Windows and doors - Air permeability - Classification
- Water permeability: Rooflight system must achieve Water permeability Class E1200 according to EN12208 – Windows and doors - Watertightness - Classification.
- Acoustic requirements: System must have independent laboratory test results for airborne sound insulation for the same frame and glass build up as specified. Measurement to be according to EN ISO140-3:1995, EN ISO 717-1:1994 including 2006 amendment. Sound reduction Rw to be 34dB (or higher).
- Verification of Performance: Rooflight to meet the requirements of EN14351-1with declaration of performance and accompanied by a CE Label to prove complete systemhas been tested for watertightness, thermal transmittance, air permeability. Manufacturer must prove that a quality management system and factory process control system is in place.
- Rooflight Installation: To be carried out by a trained and approved installer.
- All external weatherproofing and internal finishes of upstands by others.
- Support structure: All continuous structural supports at the cill, hip, valley and verge shaped & aligned to suit the pitch of the glazing to be provided & fixed by others.
- Special note: Loadings and reaction forces applied to the kerb by the self-supporting rooflight assembly. Please ask your structural engineer to check that the kerb design is strong enough for the loadings applied, as detailed in Vitrals preliminary loading calculation sheets.
- Ventilation: If required: Rooflight to incorporate full length opening panels for natural daily ventilation.
- Vent design: Vents to be flush in-line with the glazing. There should be no visible difference in framing between a fixed panel and an opening vent. System must be designed to enable retrofit of openings at a later date with no additional casement, only a crossbar and an actuator.
- Actuators and controls to be supplied by Vitral via Vitral installer to match the requirements of the scheme. Details from Vitral.
- Wiring supply and commissioning of controls, by others.