Kellie P. Dean
Special Education OutstandingService AwardThe Special Education programs of the Lansing School District are broad based, located in every building and at all levels of the Lansing School District. The mandate for special education is birth through age 26. We operate home-based programs for children and their families, work-based programs for adults, Pre-K-12 support, and special education classroomsfor children with thirteen different disabilities.
This award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated significant supportwithin the Lansing School District Special Education Department and has had a positive impact on its students at all levels of the program. The award may be given to, but is not limited, a parent/family, business, community leader, outside education agency, civic organization and/or media.
When submitting a nomination for this prestigious award, the following criteria should be considered by the nominating party:
- Should have a minimum of 3 years of experience with the Lansing School District.
- Persons who have worked with all age levels, disabilities, and subject areas are eligible.
- The nominee’s service should have a positive impact and reflect the goals and values of the Lansing School District Special Education Department.
- The nominee’s service should have made a significant impact upon the students, or programs of the Lansing School District Special Education program.
- A word essay up to 200 words, which cites the reasons why the nominee should be considered for the award. Please share stories or examples about the nominee in the essay.
- At least 2 but not more than 4 letters of support are encouraged.
- If obtainable, a brief vita or resume of the nominee may be submitted along with the nomination form
- Include the completely filled out nomination form.
The selection will be made by the Distribution Committee of the Lansing Educational Advancement Foundation and will also include a current or past Special Education Administrator. Nomination information will be sent out each year with the other awards/grants/scholarships of LEAF. Awards will be announced and presented at the annual LEAF Awards event on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 6:00-8:00 pm. Venue TBD at a later date. The recipient will receive a commemorative plaque and a $500.00 award.
KELLIE P. DEAN
SPECIAL EDUCATION OUTSTANDING SERVICE AWARD