SENIOR RADIO PROGRAMS PRODUCER& PRESENTER
Story Workshop Educational Trust (SWET) would like to hire a highly qualified and motivatedindividual for the position ofSenior Radio Producer & Presenter, to work in a busy and vibrant NGO, implementing a USAID-fundedSBCC Project.
Reporting to the Projects Manager and working closely with the Head of Programs and Resource Mobilization, this individualshall be mainly responsiblefor the production and presentation of radio programs as well as, but not limited to:
- Leading in the development ofradio creative briefs and matrices in line with project goals and objectives, periodic radio episodes matrices, design documents and synopses based on health SBCC theoretical frameworks and models;
- Leading in the development and management of the studio-recording, editing, dispatching and broadcasting events;
- Commissioning and travelling to collect raw radioproduction material in partnership with project partners;
Education and Experience:
- A first degree in Mass communication or Media for Development or Journalism, Social Scienceswith at least 3 years’ experience at hands-on creative radio production or
- A diploma in a media-related discipline with hands-on experience inproduction including electronic editing.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- An adequate understanding of radio equipment including studio equipment;
- A clear understanding of the use of radio magazines, radio documentaries and reality radio, with wide experience in scripting and directing scripted programming;
- A strong appreciation of the use of vernacular languages in radio programming. Strong skills in the Chichewa language is a must;
- A clear understanding of the social-economic, social-political and social-cultural fabric of the Malawi society particularly in health, nutrition, and community governance structure.
For a more detailed job description please visit our website.
Terms of employment:
The successful candidate will be employed on an initial one year contract subject to renewal based on performance and continued availability of funds. Qualified females are particularly encouraged to apply.
Submit your application letter, photocopies of your original certificates, and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with at least three traceable references to:
The Executive Director
Story Workshop Educational Trust
P/Bag 266, Blantyre
E-mail: . Copy: and .
Physical Address: Smythe Road, Sunnyside, Blantyre.
Closing date for the application Monday 31st October, 2016. Please indicate on top of the envelope “Senior Radio Programs Producer& Presenter`.”Only short-listed applications will be acknowledged.
The Story Workshop, Private Bag 266, Blantyre, Malawi
T: +265 (0) 1 621 657 / 335 F: +265 (0) 1 620 263 E: