Name of School
School Travel Survey –Secondary Pupil
Your school is currently writing a School Travel Plan. A School Travel Plan looks at how everyone at your school travels to school. It tries to help deal with any issues or problems you may have on the journey to and from school. It also looks at ways the school can encourage walking and cycling to school.
This survey is your chance to put forward your opinions and experiences. The results of the surveys are used to set the aims of the School Travel Plan.
Please answer the following 7 questions
1. Are you male female (please tick)
2. Which school year are you in? (please tick) year 7 year 8 year 9 year 10
year 11 year 12 year 13
3. How do you usuallytravel to school? This should be for the MAIN part of your journey. (Please tick one only)
WalkScooter/ Cycle Bus Car Car share* Park & Stride* skateboard
Taxi Train Other If other, please specify ______
3a.If you come by car/car-share/Park & Stride where do you get dropped off? Give the name of the road or car park, ifyou know the name:______
4. How long does your journey to school take, approximately?
10 mins or less 10-20 mins 20 mins or more Unsure
5. How would youLIKE to travel to school?(please tick one only)
Walk Scooter/ Cycle Bus Car Car - share* Park & Stride* Train
*Car share is where you travel to school by car, with another pupil/other pupils who are not in your family. This can be in your family’s car, or in the another family’s car.
*Park & Stride – the main part of the journey is by car, but you get dropped off 5 or 10 minutes walk away from the school and walk the last part of the journey. PTO
6. If you travel to school by car, can you explain the main reason why (a. b. orc.)?
a. It is too far away from school to walk or cycle/scooter/skateboard
If you live too far to walk or cycle/scooter/skateboard would you be happy to
Park & Stride*?yes no
If no, why not?______
OR b.The adult driving you drops you off on their way to somewhere else eg work
If the adult drops you off on their way to somewhere else, would you be happy to Park & Stride’*? yes no
If no, why not?______
*Park & Stride – the main part of the journey is by car, but you get dropped off 5 or 10 minutes walk away from the school and walk the last part of the journey.
ORc. If there is another reason you travel to school by car please explain why:
7. Please put any additional information or comments here about your journey to or from school:______
Thank you for completing this survey. Please return it to your form tutor.