ROBERT BOEHM MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Robert Boehm Memorial Scholarship was established in August, 2015. This scholarship is given in memory of Robert,because of the love he had for livestock, 4-H and youth development. The scholarship is given to a graduating 4-H livestock showmanthat has shown livestock at Westfair for a minimum of 3 years. This scholarship will be given to continue the applicant’s education at a public or private college.
- Active 4-H member that has been showing livestock at Westfair for a minimum of 3 years.
- Active 4-H member with involvement in livestock and additional 4-H project areas.
- Community Service involvement.
- Demonstrate leadership in extracurricular activities.
- Pursuing any field of study in a public or private college.
- Must be registered as a full-time freshman student (12 credit hours) in the upcoming academic year.
- Must submit proof of acceptance to college you plan to attend.
- Two letters of recommendation attesting to your 4-H participation, community service and leadership involvement.
- One from a 4-H volunteer.
- One from a school academic advisor or teacher.
- Letters of recommendation cannot be submitted by a relative.
- Letters of recommendation must be submitted in individually sealed envelopes from the author and submitted with the scholarship application.
- Must submit a current photo of applicant to be used when announcing the winner.
- Scholarship applications must be completed and submitted no later than July 15th to the below address:
Robert Boehm Memorial Scholarship
10346 253rd Street
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503
City: State: Zip:
Home Phone: Cell Phone:
Current Class Rank: Current GPA:
Club Leaders Name: Phone:
College to which you have been accepted and will be attending:
Please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet of paper:
- Describe how being involved in 4-H has helped you.
- Describe one of your most memorable or most enjoyable experiences in 4-H.
- List the 4-H project areas you have participated in and the years you participated in each.
- Describe ways in which you have volunteered your service and leadership to your school and community. What have you learned from these activities?
- Describe your work experience.
- Who has influenced you the most in your life – and why?
- What are your career goals?
- What do you look forward to the most in your college experience?
- Why do you feel you should be considered for the Robert Boehm Memorial Scholarship?
Questions regarding scholarship: - or 712-526-2127
Each year, the Robert Boehm Memorial Scholarship will award a $750 scholarship.
Award winner will be announced during the County Fair.