Gifts in Wills Officer
Reporting to:Gifts in Wills Manager
Purpose of the job
To raise funds for Leonard Cheshire Disability (LCD) by promoting gifts in wills and in memoriam giving, in line with the marketing strategy.(Nearly half of the voluntary income at Leonard Cheshire Disability comes from gifts in wills).
- To manage production of the gifts in wills and in memoriam marketing campaigns and fundraising materials.
- To develop the in memoriam giving programme including the Much Loved tribute site.
- To manage the delivery of supporter engagement events, including research, preparation of materials, invitations and liaison with suppliers.
- To maintain and develop the will writing promotional schemes and solicitor engagement.
- To ensure all projects are delivered in accordance with the project briefs, schedules, income and expenditure budgets and in compliance with the annual plan.
Monitoring and evaluation
- To ensure all marketing activity is recorded and progress against KPIs monitored.
- To produce reports on all marketing activity and analysis as required.
- To administer and monitor purchase orders, invoices and expenditure, ensuring invoices are within agreed quoted prices and processed accurately.
- To write copy for the marketing materials and communications including newsletters, PR, web content, solus mailing, adverts and promotional materials.
- To support the Gifts in Wills Manager with stewardship of gifts in wills prospects, ensuring exceptional supporter care with appropriate and tailored communication.
- To respond to enquiries ensuring appropriate and tailored communications and information.
- To liaise with local services to obtain information and respond to their enquiries for information and materials.
- To assist with promotion at local services as required.
Liaising with other teams, specifically:
- To ensure materials comply with the brand and to work with Marketing team,Service Managersand people using our services accordingly.
- To source and develop case studies for marketing purposes.
- To liaise with the data team on matters relating to record keeping, mailing selections, reporting and fulfilment.
- To work with colleagues across LCD to ensure that opportunities are maximised.
- To research and recommend new opportunities for gifts in wills and in memoriam fundraising.
- To keep accurate stock record of fundraising materials.
- From time to time, to assist with other donor development activity in the Individual Giving Team, as required.
- Be familiar with and adhere to all relevant Leonard Cheshire Disability policies and procedures at all times.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested.
- Demonstrable experience of co-ordinating fundraising or marketing projects.
- Experience of using a customer relationship database for marketing.
- Experience of various digital communications channels for marketing.
- To be willing to travel around the UK for meetings and events.
- To have a genuine commitment to the values and ethos of Leonard Cheshire Disability.
- To have experience of promoting gifts in wills and in memoriam marketing.
- To have experience of working with agencies to achieve agreed goals.
- Understanding of supporter journeys and supporter care.
Keycompetencies & skills
- Good project management and organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent copy writing skills, editing and proof reading.
- Ability to work to tight competing deadlines on a range of projects.
- Strong IT skills, including knowledge of Windows, MS Office and CRM database.
- Ability to work across teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a varied workload.
- Ability to work as part of a team but also use initiative.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
All duties and responsibilities within this job description to be carried out in accordance with current Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)