Women’s CollegeHospital is a world leader in women’s health and Ontario’s only stand-alone academic ambulatory care facility. If you’re ready to be part of the future of healthcare, then you will want to join an institution in which the possibilities for creative innovation, breakthroughs in new thinking and groundbreaking work in academic ambulatory medicine are limitless. Women’s CollegeHospital is committed to patient safety as a key professional value and an essential component of daily practice.
Exciting Casual (on-call) opportunity as aClinic Aide IIexists in the Bay Centre for Birth Control reporting to the Clinical Manager.
The Clinic Aide II in the Bay Centre is an essential member of the health care team who ensures and maintains a clean working environment along with the stocking of medical/surgical supplies and linens.
Summary of Duties:
- Order, receive and stock medical/surgical supplies and linens from the Central Supply Department.
- Clean and stock examination rooms, bathrooms and other rooms as required
- Sets up and preparesprocedure rooms before and in between patients
- Collects, cleans and prepares vaginal speculums and procedure trays/instruments for sterilization.
- Pick up and delivery of charts, specimens, clinical items to and from different hospitals (Mt Sinai, TWH, WCH)
- Works collaboratively with team members
- Communicates concerns to the resource nurse or clinical manager
- Ensures that surgical supplies are within the appropriate expiry date
- Replenish patient education material
- Replenish exam rooms with physician information (i.e. requisitions)
- Prepare patient packages
- Initiates and follows up with Bio-Medical Engineering on any equipment repair requests.
- Initiates Maintenance Requests for minor repairs in the clinic.
- Porters specimens, and other medical/surgical items to and from hospital.
- Maintains general neatness of examination rooms and utility rooms.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of the clinic’s refrigerators for medications.
- The above described duties are representative and are not to be construed as all inclusive other duties will be assigned.
- High School Diploma
- 3 years experience in a hospital setting
- Keyboard skills
- Familiar with computers and Windows Operating System
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Experience dealing with the public
- Proven punctuality and attendance record
- This position plays a critical role in acting as an advocate for safety and will demonstrate principles, practices and processes that will optimize a safe environment for all.
Please forward resumes via email to with the position title in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Women’s CollegeHospital is a fully affiliated teaching hospitalof the University of Toronto and is an equal opportunity employer.