PEE WEE RULES (1st/2ndGRADE BOYS AND GIRLS)
- A game will consist of three (3) innings, (NO LONGER THAN 1 hour.)
- NO official score will be kept. We will be emphasizing skills, fun, and sportsmanship.
- Batters and base runners MUST wear helmets at all times.
- Teams MAY play all their players in the field,NOTE: extra players must play inthe outfield(grass area only).
- All players on the team should be listed in a batting order. That order should be followed, if not-please notify the opposing coach of any change in the batting order. **You may change your line-up so the same player isn’t always the last batter & never gets to run the bases. COMMUNICATE!
- Each batter will receive a combination of FIVE(5)good pitches to hit from theircoach. NOTE: you may give one extra ball to hit off the tee when necessary.
- There will be 10 batters per inning. The 10th batter should be announced before stepping into the batter’s box. The first out on the 10th batter will end the inning. The 10th batter may be “forced out” on any base ahead.
*USE THE 10 BATTER RULE ORBAT ALL YOUR PLAYERS, but announce your LAST BATTER!*
9.In the event of an OVERTHROWN ball which is out of the field of play, the runner(s) are limited to advance one base. EXAMPLE: A runner on the first base may not advance past third, a runner on either 2nd or 3rd at the time the play begins may score, but the batter may not advance past second base IF the overthrow occurs at first. If the overthrow occurs at third base, each runner may advance one base.
- The fielder playing the pitching position must remain within 5 feet to the left orright of the pitching rubber and cannot be closer to the plate until the ball is hit. (Pitching rubber is set at 40’).
- A batted ball which hits the pitching coach will be considered a live ball and be played.
- No throwing the bat. Each team will be given one warning. After that a thrown bat results in an automatic out.
- NO WALKS, NO BUNTING (must go past the 10’ chalk arch).
- NO INFIELD FLYRULE.
- NO LEADING OFF until the ball crosses home plate. Bases will be set at 60’.
- NO STEALING, or advancing on passed ball or wild pitch.
- SLIDING is permitted, but NO head first sliding.
*The overall goal is to have fun and learn the fundamentals of playing softball and baseball.*