1116 Bethpage Dr.
Hutto, TX 78634
A professionally educatedNetwork Administrator with twentyyears’ experience encompassing diverse areas of Network Administration, Computer Systems, Facilities Management,along with creating and implementing cost saving solutions.Expertisein Network Management, Building Electrical Support, Office & Cubicle Management, TCP/IP, Client/Server, Centralized Networking Management as well as Telecommunication. Strengths include in-depth practical knowledge ofroutine IT Operations, Systems Administration,Network Engineering. Proven talent for designing, implementing and maintaining organizational networking projects, according to specific needs and requirements.
Areas of Expertise
•Routing and Security:WatchGuard Technologies, Cisco 800 Series, SonicWall
•Operating systems:Server 2003/2008 R2, Windows /XP/7/8.1/10
•Email System:Microsoft Exchange 2003/2008/2010
•Desktop Applications:Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite
•Centralized Managed:Symantec Endpoint Protection, Script Logic/Patch Management SOTI Mobi-Control MDM
•Wireless Infrastructure:Motorola Enterprise Access Points and Wing5 Wireless Management Controllers
•LAN/WAN Cabling:Campus wide MDF/IDF CAT6, CAT5, Multi-Mode Fiber cabling including outside plant aerial and direct burial
•Facilities Access Control:Brivo “On Air” Access Control
CRU, LTDJanuary, 2016 – December, 2016
Consultant for a 75 employee Construction Utility company, in researching for an industry standard solution that encompassed technology and mobile computing for the Operations Department. This allowed the company to improve the bidding process, manage construction projects, track equipment, and crews.
- Oversawthe installation of outfitting 65 pieces of heavy equipment (dozers, excavators, loaders) and fleet trucks, with Telematics
Four Hands, LLCApril, 2006 – October, 2015
Provided administrator service and support to 150 plus employees using centralized management tools, remote PC access as well as direct one on one interfacing. Responsible for new employee’s account setup and training, including mobile device deployment. Managed corporate fleet of 75 plus IOS devices,which includes LTE service and routinely evaluated and adjusted mobile service plans, as a cost saving effort.
Independently managed service support for Four Hands annual six tradeshows which were at three locations through-out the US. Created contingency plans at these tradeshows in order to achieve zero down time for the sales team. These tradeshows generated 40% of the company’s annual revenue.
Provided support to operations and logistics(Shipping/Receiving), including after hour support. Responsible for providing remote support to the company’s three international offices, which involved working beyond regular business hours.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Managed and supported
- 2 WatchGuard XTM Firewall Routers
- 5 WatchGuard XTM Branch Office Routers
- Dell VRTX running 2 Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
- 5 Dell PowerEdge 2450 Servers running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
- 4 Dell PowerEdge 1950 Servers running Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
- 2 Dell PowerVault LTO Tape Backup Servers
- 2 Dell DAS Storage units outfitted with RAID-5 SATA Drives
- 5 HP Procurve 2848 and Procurve 2448 Managed Switches
- 6 Dell 2848 LAN Smart Switches
- 12 Motorola AP-5131 Wireless Access Points
- 14 Motorola AP-7131 Access Points
- 24 Motorola MC-9190 Barcode Scanners
- 2 Motorola RFS6000 Wireless Controllers
- Applications include
- Active Directory Domain Services
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2008, 2003
- Microsoft SQL 2008
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional
- Wing5 Wireless Management
- Created a cost saving solution in the Shipping Department which entailed sourcing and procuring battery powered mobile PC carts. This allowed shipping personnel to transfer, stage and ship product directly from the production floor, as well as being able to print all required shipping labels and documentation.
- Worked directly with a wireless network vendor to create a 100% coverage environment in an 80k SF warehouse, which resulted a zero disconnect scenario for all mobile production devices.
- Leveraged Four Hand’s Internet Service Provideragainsttheir competitors,resultingin having a current ISP solutionas a single LocalArea Network. The use of their networkconnecting the company’s three Austin locations, eliminatedthe need fortwo existing WatchGuard routers.
M&M ComputerMarch, 1998 – April, 2006
•A Manage I/T Service provider and Consultant to small and medium size businesses in the Austin area.
•Provided Local Area Network cable service including inner office as well as outside plant cable installations.
•Provided multiple tier I/T solutions depending on customer’s needs and industry. Clients include a large construction company who was seeking a solution to eliminate their dependency on hard copy documentation and site blue prints; to a financial benefit company, who required high availability and throughput over their internet service.
•Created solutions with several options fordisaster & recovery, including multiple office locations for mirroring and basic data safeguarding.
Tivoli Systems, Inc.August, 1996 – February, 1998
•Responsible for the installation of laptops, desktop, applications and peripherals in all Austin locations.
•Supported the installation of Lotus Notes 4 and Domino for all local clients.
•Coordinated with Managers to create an out of service laptop inventory assessment. This resulted in a Cost Center budget reduction, allowing departments to reallocate funds.
Dell Computer Corporation, Austin TXJanuary, 1991 – July, 1996
Operation Support Desk Training Supervisor (03/05 – 07/96)
•Collaborated with other support departments to create a training curriculum for existing Help Desk staff, in effort to develop a multi-tier support environment.
•Assisted Help Desk (OSD) Manager in developing and launching Dell’s new Help Desk Software Solution (Remedy).
Manufacturing IT Support Engineer – (06/93 – 03/05)
•Provided production terminal/printer support for all manufacturing production lines at all Austin Manufacturing locations.
•Worked with Production Line Engineers to create spare hardware inventory resulting in a service level agreement of 15 minutes.
•Supervised 2nd shift IT staff and coordinate with 1st shift Lead to createa communication protocol,which provide seamless personnel transition between shifts.
IT Desktop Engineer – (01/91 – 06/94)
•Provided O/S Support for Windows NT Workstation and Server, Windows 2000 Pro and Advanced Server, and Novell Servers.
•Coordinated with local network cable contractor to provide ongoing office/cubicle changes.
•Responsible for the installation of desktops, application, and printers at all assigned support locations.
CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Siecor (Corning) Fiber Optics Installer,
SOTI Certified MobiControl Professional (SCMCP), OSHA30 Training