Making the Most of Change-
Understanding and Managing Your Supports
Thursday April 27, 2017
Robina, Gold Coast
Community Resource Unit Inc
This is an accessible version of a flyer for aRobina GoldCoast event.
- As we move to the NDIS, many people with disabilities and their families are thinking about what a good life for a person with a disability looks like and how to best use the opportunities offered by the new scheme.
- It will alsoexplore ways people and their families can both manage and direct the support they need to live a rich and meaningful life.
Questions explored in the workshop:
- What are the supports needed for a good life?
- How can you blend funded NDIS support with natural supports that come from family, friends and community?
- What does it mean to direct and manage my own supports?
Suellen Welch works at CRU for over 6 years as a consultant. Her work focuses on promoting, strengthening and defending person centred and directed responses. She has previously worked for several small community based organisations in Brisbane in team leader and key worker roles. In these roles Suellen has assisted many people with disabilities and their families think about how to blend the use of unfunded and funded supports. This thinking also informs the planning for her son with disability to live a full life in his communities.
Suellen believes in the importance of community and the need to work intentionally to build welcoming communities.
Who Should Attend
- This workshop is for people with disability, their families and supporters. Workers are most welcome to attend and learn from an individual and family perspective about managing and directing supports both unfunded and paid.
Event and Venue Information
- Thursday April 27, 2017
- Event runs from 9.30am-3.30pm.
- Event registration from 9:00am
- Tickets Full Fee $150.00
- Tickets People with Disability and Family $65.00
Robina Community Centre - 196 Robina Town Centre Drive, Robina
How to Register
- Tickets can be ordered online
- Ticket sales closeThursday April 13
- If you experience any issues registering for this event, please call CRU on 07 3844 2211.
- Tickets can be booked via our Eventbrite page:
- Support to Attend - Contact CRU if you need assistance to register, or to attend or participate in this event.Interpreters can be arranged. Please contact CRU to discuss your needs.
About Community Resource Unit Inc.
- CRU has a 28 year track record of working across Queensland to help people with a disability take control of their lives and take their place in their community.
Contact Community Resource Unit Inc.
- Phone: 07 3844 2211.
- Address: Level 2, 43 Peel Street. South Brisbane. Queensland.