Level 8 Assignment #7
Level 8 Assignment #7
Due no later than March 24, 2018
Reflectionson Sunday Mass for TheLenten Season
The Sunday Liturgy (Mass) is the gathering of the faithful to pray and give praise to God. During the liturgy we hear the Word of God proclaimed; the Celebrant (priest) or deacon shares his thoughts on the Word so that we may take the Word with us as we leave the Church. One way for us to truly live out the Word of God is to spend time reflecting on what these words mean to us.
Each candidate, with the help of his / her parent(s), must write a reflection on the Gospel and homily for one Mass during the Season of Lent: February 18, 2018, February 25, 2018, March 4, 2018, March 11, 2018 & March 18, 2018.
Suggestions on how to write these papers:
- Bring a small pad of paper with you to church and write down some thoughts or words you hear in the Gospel and homily.
- Write down the Scripture reference (e.g. Luke 5:1-5) of the Gospel so you can refer back to it when you are typing your paper.
- Discuss what you heard and wrote down on the way home in the car, asking everyone to participate.
- Ask yourself and your family what the Scripture and homily has to do with your life today.
- When you get home, write out your reflection while it is fresh in your mind.
- All assignments must be done on your computer. Handwritten assignments will not be accepted.
- Always save your assignment to your computer in the event it gets lost.
Remember, this is a reflection paper; what you write down is what you feel the Scripture is saying to YOU at this moment in your life’s journey.
If you attend St. Anthony of Padua Religious Education Program submit your completed assignment to your catechist.
If you attend Trinity Regional School or another Catholic School submit your completed assignment to St. Anthony of Padua Religious Education Office, 20 Cheshire Pl., E. Northport, NY 11731.
Level 8 Assignment # 7
___ Religious Ed Student
___ Catholic School Student
LentenSeason Sunday MassReflection
(This section must be completed)
Celebrant (Priest’s Name):
Gospel Evangelist (Author):Citation (Chapter & Verse):
(Listed in Sunday’s Bulletin)
Brief Summary of the Gospel:
What does this Gospel mean for you?
How does the Gospel challenge you and your lifestyle?
Assignment # 3