Job Title: Lead Clerk Date: 11/10
Assists management with the operations of the store by answering customer questions and complaints in a professional manner and assuring all customers receive fast, friendly check out service. Performs the duties of a grocery clerk/cashier in addition to assisting assigned employees in the performance of their tasks as appropriate, including notifying them of their breaks and lunches.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and encourages an atmosphere of fast, friendly courteous customer service.
- Provides customer service by approving checks, handling customer complaints and requests, selling gift certificates, issuing refunds, receiving returned check payments and answering any questions the customer must have.
- Continuously monitors checkout area activities, including customer traffic flow and coverage of checkout lanes.
- Ensures the front end is kept clear of excess carts, baskets, garbage, etc.
- Monitors cashier arrivals, breaks, lunches and departures.
- Assists cashiers by giving them change, performing check approval and overrides and answering any questions the employees may have.
- Monitors cashier money handling procedures and assists with scan system procedures (i.e. UPC codes not on file, scan pricing errors, etc.).
- Fills bread racks/shelves, pulls cardboard and faces the wall and aisles, as needed.
- Maintains a constant awareness of customer and employee safety.
- Stocks and rotates merchandise in any area of the store as needed.
- Performs cashiering duties as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Communicating clearly and professionally, utilizing excellent verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills, establishing and maintaining a good rapport with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, customers and others.
- Providing leadership, exhibiting interpersonal skills by maintaining composure and professionally addressing difficult and sometimes angry individuals including customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Applying clear understanding of overall company practices, including in-depth knowledge of polices/procedures, in order to effectively judge and react to customer activity.
- Demonstrating initiative and self-direction to perform a variety of simultaneous skills (multi-tasking).
- Conducting visual inspections, reading reports, computer printouts, register and computer screens, etc.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide) and compute weights and measures.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately with honesty and integrity.
- Lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 51 lbs.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time.
- Bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
•Cash register, scanner and scales.
•Electric and manual pallet jacks, hand trucks and forklifts, as needed.
•Garbage and cardboard compactors.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel so classified may vary.
This is an hourly position, classified as an “All Purpose Clerk” on the applicable Working Conditions & Wage Agreement. A successful criminal background check is required for this position. Interested and qualified employees may submit a resume highlighting qualifications to WinCo Foods Human Resources Department by e-mail () or fax (208.672.2352) no later than Midnight (MST) on Sunday, December 12, 2010.