Job Title:Helpline ResourceSpecialist(full-time)
Responsible To:Resource Manager
Responsible to provide quality customer service to people requesting assistance through the Helpline Center. This includes the 211 program, suicide and crisis support services, contract services, texting program and other Helpline services. Responsible to maintain resource database for the call center, develop printed resource directories and assist with call center reporting.
-Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or related field
-Demonstrated interest in human services
-Strong oral and written English language skills
-Strong experiencewith software programs
-Familiarity with texting protocols
-Offers of employment contingent upon acceptable background check
-Ability to relate to and effectively communicate with people from all economic, racial, age, ethnic, and social groups
-Strong desire to provide non-judgmental, appropriate help and assistance to persons in need
-Detail oriented and organized
-Flexibility and ability to manage many concurrent projects
A.Respond toHelpline calls and texts
- Demonstrate sensitivity, empathy regarding human service issues. Project a non-judgmental attitude toward those requiring service.
- Answer and provide appropriate assistance for information/referralsfor calls or texts following policies and procedures.
- Answer and provide appropriate intervention/assistance for listening/support texts or calls following policies and procedures.
- Answer and provide appropriate intervention for crisis/victims services/suicidetexts or calls following policies and procedures. Prevent suicides by intervening with emergency personnel as needed.
- Answer and provide appropriate intervention and information for contract calls. Be knowledgeable about all contract specifications.
- Document texts/calls correctly into computer tracking system according to procedure.
- Identify active callers and follow appropriate directives as listed in the active caller profile sheets.
- Contact Suicide & Crisis Support Director or back-up staff as necessary.
- Complete suicide and community assessment follow-ups according to procedure.
- Ask texters/callers for suicide and community assessment follow-ups according to procedure.
- Complete call monitoring according to procedure.
- Serve as an on-call member in the rotation throughout the entire calendar year and work a shift during at least one major holiday of the year.
B.Responsible for support of the call center database
- Ensure that all current programs and agencies are updated as scheduled, new
programs/agencies are sought out and added to the database, and all program/agency
descriptions are accurately written according to the established database guidelines.
- Ensure all supplemental resource information outside of the main call center database is
updated as needed.
- Provide training, direction, and assistance to resource database support staff/volunteers.
- Responsible for educating staff/volunteers about new or deleted programs/agencies in
- Ensure all seasonal information is updated in a timely fashion (holiday resources,
summer programs, etc).
- Become database certified through AIRS.
C.Responsible for support of printed resource guides and electronic directories
- Develop, edit and update printed directories including Mental/Behavioral Health Guides, Helping Hands, Civic Groups and other guides.
- Maintain 211 website resource portal
D.Provide assistance to the 211 Helpline program
- Complete projects as requested by the Resource Manager or Executive Director.
- Prepare monthly statistical reports as assigned by the Resource Manager.
- Initiate and organize projects while maintaining flexibility in answering the 211 Helplinecalls and texts.
- Ensure accuracy of information.
E.Maintain awareness of 211 Helpline Resources
- Attend all scheduled Helpline staff meetings, inservice meetings, and annual staff retreat.
- Complete ongoing training assignments as required.
- Review email, announcements, resource books, manuals and national directories during each shift worked.
- Support and carry out the mission of the agency.
- Follow agency policies, including personnel and programmatic.
- Participate in the agency and demonstrate team participation and a work place that enriches staff’s ability to reach goals and provide a high level of customer service.
1.At times, staff will be required to perform additional duties beyond those specified.
Hours: Non-exempt full-time position. Includes day, evening and weekend hours. Will include coverage of holidays.
X:\administrative\personnel\job descriptions\New Descriptions\Helpline Resource Specialist job description.doc