Lafayette Parish School System
Job Title: District Planning AdministratorDepartment: Business Services
Reports To: Executive Director and Chief Financial OfficerFLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared By: Human ResourcesPrepared Date: 11May 2015
Approved By:Board Approved Date:
Salary Grade: 12 Admin/ProfessionalDays: 244
Obj/Fun: 111/2810 Sales Tax Eligible: No
Summary: Participatesin the design, planning, development, and implementation of district projects. Incumbent works to ensure organization effectiveness and optimized utilization of district resources.
Education and/or Experience: Possession of a Master’s Degreeand at least ten years professional experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in institutional strategic planning to determine goals and scope of programs; including but not limited to transportation planning, alignment or realignment of district educational zones, and education programs at elementary, middle, and high school Levels.
- Participates in developing a planning model that supports the organization's mission and values based on an internal and external needs assessment.
- Performs data analysis to assess the effectiveness of programs and their impact on budget, income, and expenses.
- Reviews project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishingvarious phases of district projects including facilities, transportation, and academic departments.
- Monitors the external environment and identifies opportunities to fulfill the District strategy and operating plan.
- Helps to formulate priorities for planning activities.
- Assesses current models of district operations and develops appropriate new models as needed.
- Develops methods to measure effectiveness of curriculum or services and to interpret pupil intellectual and social development and group and school progress.
- Complete other projects as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Thisjob has no supervisory responsibilities but provides guidance and input to District Departments on projects and programs.Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Financial Responsibilities: Responsible for contributing to budget formulation for financial, equipment, and systems transactions that may include qualifying or vetting vendors for specialized programs or equipment.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Development software; Internet software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Other Qualifications: Must be able to work long hours that includes evening and weekends as necessary with occasional overnight travel required.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Adaptability - Manages competing demands; changes approach to best fit situation; able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions; responds to management directions; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time.
- Honesty - Straightforward; acts with integrity; truthful; refuses to steal, cheat or deceive.
- Decision Making - Identifies goals; weighs pros and cons; chooses best alternative; displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people.
- Cooperation - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a team above own interests; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Self-Discipline - Acts responsibly; works hard to reach goals; does quality work; reacts well under pressure; follows through on commitments.
- Self-Motivation - Sets and achieves personally challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence.
- Good Hygiene/Personal Appearance - Wears attire appropriate to the circumstances; practices personal grooming that is appropriate to the work environment.
- Courteousness - Shows understanding; takes an interest in what people say and why they think and act as they do; approaches others in a tactful manner; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Effective Communication - Speaks well; listens well; gives and understands instructions; communicates in ways appropriate to the situation and audience.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Acknowledged and ApprovedDate
District Planning AdministratorPage 1