Internal NOI (iNOI) Template: NSERC Collaborative Research and Training Experience Program Grant (CREATE)
Instructions: The NSERC LOI Form 187 will not be available on the NSERC online system until March 2016, the following template is meant to substitute Form 187 for the York University iNOI deadline.
- APPLICANT’S INFORMATION
ORU (if applicable):
- TARGET AREAS
Environmental science and technologies
Natural resources and energy
Information and communications technologies
Not a target area
- INDUSTRY STREAM
Name / Department/Institution / % of Time devoted to this activity
- COLLABORATORS (list collaborators, please note not all names are required at the LOI stage but if applying in the industry stream please list industry partners)
- OUTLINE OF TRAINING PROGRAM (2 pages maximum)
Include information on the approximate number of students and postdoctoral fellows that you are planning to have participate in the program on an annual basis in a table, similar to the example below. Briefly indicate how the training of each group of trainees will be handled. Provide an explanation if a particular category of students will not be receiving funding from the program (i.e., if no MSc students supported, explain why).
Note:Applications which focus on support only at the undergraduate level will not be accepted. If the training proposal focuses primarily on one group of trainees, it must be justified.
Year 1 / Year 2 / Year 3 / Year 4 / Year 5 / Year 6 / Total After 6 years*
* Provide an estimate of the total number of students that are expected to graduate, by category.
- 8. EXCELLENCE OF PROPOSED TEAM OF RESEARCHERS (2 page maximum)
If applicable, the role of current holders of, or participants in, an ongoing CREATE Grant relative to their role in the proposed CREATE initiative must be well explained.NSERC limits the participation to a maximum of two CREATE initiatives per researcher–as either an applicant or co-applicant
- INDUSTRY-PARTNER LETTER(s)
- Provide an email if an official letter on letterhead is not available for the internal LOI; otherwise list all the expected partners with brief description of their role (if not detailed above under 8).
- LETTER OF SUPPORT FROM YOUR FACULTY: please contact your research office for more details.
- A FORM 100 FROM THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT IS REQUIRED AS PART OF THE INTERNAL LOI
If you have any questions, please contact MaheenHasan, Strategic and Institutional Research Specialist,
Office of Research Services