HOURS AS AND WHEN REQUIRED
TO BE AUTHORISED BY THE AREA COORDINATOR/ SUPERVISOR
- Taking part in the day to day running of the childcare facility including any relevant paperwork relating to record keeping. Inclusive of learning journals, observations etc as directed by the lead staff of the setting.
- Providing play opportunities in a safe and caring environment under the guidance from the lead staff.
- Adhering to RNPSLO policies and good practices.
- To follow the instruction and guidance of the lead staff in all aspects of the daily routines.
- To ensure that security is maintained at all times.
- To direct all visitors, including parents and their children to the manager after first verifying ID.
- To helpset out activities and clear away at the end of the day/session this will include preparing snack and clearing away.
- Tostore and care for the equipment adhering to health and safety requirements, before and after childcare session.
- To carry out necessary cleaning tasks to ensure a safe, hygienic environment.
- To attend staff meetings as appropriate.
- To attend training appropriate to your job role. This may be on occasion out side of core hours. Casual childcare staff are provided with any relevant training needed to be able to work in any of the childcare settings.
- Carry out all responsibilities and activities within an equal opportunities framework.
- To cover staff absences in order for the childcare setting to remain open, adhering to staff ratios.
- To work positively with other team members including staff from other RN childcare settings.
- To maintain a knowledge of current legislation, Welfare requirements and Health and safety responsibilities.
- To actively promote the group in a positive manner within the local community.
- Adhering to theconfidentiality Policy both within and outside of the childcare setting building.
Working with the children and families.
- To encourage thechildren to learn through play by talking to them, listening and observing them. To treat all children in a positive way and respect them as unique individuals, allowing them to develop at their own pace.
- To respond to distressed children by comforting them and taking the appropriate action when necessary.
- Work closely alongside all other staff within the settings you are required to work in.
- Work closely alongside all families respecting that each family is individual as may be their needs.
- If experienced working within a setting previously assist staff members with key worker responsibilities.
Working with adults that may be staff or visitors into the setting.
RNSPLO encourage all staff to have input into the team running of the setting. We actively encourage staff to work together and assist each other with different tasks utilising everyone’s skills for the benefit of the children and the group.
Training / staff meetings
All staff will attend relevant training needed for the setting and for their own personal development. There will be occasions when the training will be outside of core hours
Notice of the training will be given beforehand so that every attempt will be made to attend the training.
Staff meetings are held to discuss issues relevant to the group staff are expected to attend meetings, these will be after core opening hours.
- An understanding of good quality childcare practices.
- NVQ 2/3 in Child Care Learning and Development or working towards qualification.
- A commitment to equal opportunities
- A commitment to safeguarding.
- Ability to provide safe and stimulating play opportunities and experiences.
- Ability to use judgement and common sense.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Commitment to children, parentsand the childcare facility.
- A friendly and flexible attitude.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Willing to train / develop further skills and qualifications and professional development.
- Able to drive and have use of car, or be able to move around the city independently as there may be some occasions when you will be required to work at other RN provisions. .