Terms of Reference for the Selection of an Evaluator of PDT Training Bids
- The Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation (CTO) is anintergovernmental organisation that promotes the use of information and communication technologies (ICTs) for socio-economic development through, among others, capacity building.
- The CTO’s main capacity building programme is its Programme for Development and Training (PDT) which is governed by its members through the PDT Management Committee (PDTMC).
- The PDT operates as a corporate membership programme with a two tier membership structure.Organisations take part either as Requesting Partners (organisations that seek training) or Offering Partners (organisations that offer training). PDT Requesting Partners submit their requests for which Offering Partners bid through a competitivebidding process.
- The technical and financial proposals of the bids are evaluated by an independent evaluator who ranks the bids according to the scale to which they address the requests.
- The evaluator’s recommendations are considered by the PDTMC who select the best value-for-money bids.
- The Secretariat requires the services of a qualified and experienced ICT professional to carry out the evaluation of training bids for the 2018-19 training cycle. The evaluator will be required to evaluate bids against minimum 50 requests.
2Terms of Reference
- To examine the training requests and to identify the skills and experiences needed to deliver the training.
- To evaluate the bids submitted for each training request and rank them in accordance with the evaluation criteria and using the evaluation template provided by the CTO.
- Availability to participate at the PDTMC Meeting in early March 2018to justify the evaluation.
This exercise is expected to take a maximum of 3 mandays.
The evaluator will work from the CTO Headquarters at 64-66 Glenthorne Road, Hammersmith, London W6 0LR.
The evaluator will report to the Manager – Capacity Development.
- Interested parties should apply using the application form by 31 January 2018
8.How to apply
Applicants should submit the application form to be found at and e-mail it to
9Selection CriteriaQualification / Determined by / Marks
a)Academic qualifications (marks given for the highest qualification)
- A Bachelors degree in ICTs
- A Masters degree in ICTs
b)Experience in the ICT sector / Application (Employment history and Similar assignments section) / 3 marks per year up to 10 years
c)How the applicant intends to carry out the assignment in 500 words / 25
d) Financial Score / FS = 25 x LP/PP
FS = financial score
LP = lowest price
PP = proposed price. / 25
COMMONWEALTH TELECOMMUNICATIONS ORGANISATION
64 - 66 Glenthorne Road, London W6 0LR, United Kingdom | T: +44 20 8600 3800 | F: +44 20 8600 3819 | Email: