CAMPUS IN CAMPS
Experimental Educational Platforms and Socially Engaged Projects in Palestinian Refugee Camps
Al Quds University (Al Quds Bard partnership),UNRWA Camp Improvement Department, the GIZ Social and Cultural Fund have come together to launch an experimental educational programme entitled CAMPUS IN CAMPS. The programme will engages participants from palestinian refugee camps in a two-year process over the question of visual, cultural and political representation - after more than 60 years of displacement. The aim is to provide young Palestinians with the theoretical knowledge, practical skills and intellectual capacities to facilitate these debates and translate them into practical, community-driven projects that will incarnate new forms of representation and make them visible in the camps.
In this framework, the project team is seeking to contract a Project Coordinator following position:
Project Coordinator (100%)
- Handle all practical matters related to the CAMPUS IN CAMP project implementation, such as monitoring, evaluation and reporting;
- Coordinate the educational cycles, facilitating the deployment of international and local resource persons and ensuring appropriate communication between them;
- Process the documentation of the educational cycles, prepare relevant publication and ensure a coherent public interface of the project;
- Act as a project focal point and maintain coordination between all relevant stakeholders, especially the GIZ S&C Fund and UNRWA ICID;
- Manage and motivate an informed, skilled and efficient team as necessary;
- Facilitate the engagement of the participants in the project and engage in teaching when needed;
- Perform other tasks as required by the Project Director;
- Atleast an Academic master degree in Art, Social Sciences, Urban Planning, Anthropology or equivalent. Teaching experience and PhD is an asset;
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in project management, preferably in the Palestinian context;
- Excellent sense of organisation in a highly complex and unpredictable project environment;
- High teambuilding capacities and team work orientation while being able to work self-reliantly and showing a high degree of self-initiative;
- Energetic, flexible and willing to work irregular hours;
- Perfect English proficiency both in writing and speaking; Arabic is an asset;
- Good command of main computer programmes and applications with minimum capabilities in Graphic design and image processing;
- Strong knowledge of Palestinian context and contemporary discourses on Palestinian refugees;
- Ability of working in a conflict context and handle frustration linked to a military occupation.
- High motivation and personal identification with the project approach requiring deep engagement with the local community;
The Project Coordinator will be based in the CAMPUS IN CAMP Project office in Dheisheh refugee camp (Bethlehem, Palestinian Territories) and reports to the CAMPUS IN CAMPS Project Director.
We offer a 1 year renewable contract engagement in an innovative field and with a highly motivated project team.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
Please forward the application and CV, in English no later than 10. January 2013 to Dr. Alessandro Petti () and Yasser
Campus in Camps, Dheisheh Camp, Bethlehem ,Palestine,Telefax,+972-02-2767321, , .