Events Intern - Building Resources, Investment and
Community Knowledge (BRICK) Programme
Reporting to: Programme Director (BRICK)
Duration:We are seeking a commitment of around 3 months, ideally for 3-4 days per week.
Purpose:To support the Programme Director in co-ordinating the HLF funded “Building Resources, Investment and Community Knowledge” (BRICK) capacity building and training programme
The Princes Regeneration Trust (PRT) supports and strengthens communities by rescuing and reusing important British buildings at risk of being lost forever through demolition or decay. Our priority is to work in areas of deprivation; places which will benefit most from the regeneration and economic growth we deliver.
PRT is carrying out the BRICK programme to support individuals, groups and companies throughout the UK to raise funds to save heritage for community benefit.
We are looking for an intern to support the BRICK Programme Director in preparing an exciting programme of national conferences, regional workshops and online events. You will be working very closely with our BRICK Digital Assistant and the Communications Manager. The position is ideal for someone who is keen to obtain a wide understanding of events management and gain transferable skills and experience in the non-profit sector, while working as part of a small team. It will be a fast-paced role, and the candidate should be able to work autonomously and use their initiative.
As part of the internship, you will have the opportunity to:
- Assist with the administration associated with the coordination of this high profile programme of events - this includes excel, database management and mail merges
- Research and communicate with venues, catering companies, video production and photography companies, investigate travel and access arrangements
- Assist with all digital and social media channels
- Research potential attendees, identify and contact community groups who could benefit from BRICK
- Research PR opportunities across newspapers, magazines, TV and radio
- Support the smooth running of events.
Ideally you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent written, communication and administrative skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organisation / ability to multi-task
- Confidence to work independently
- Experience of working in a team
- Proficient IT skills (Word, Excel and database)
- Some experience in events management
- Experience conducting research on the web.
This role will be based in our office at 14 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 0QP.
Further information about PRT can be found on our website
This is a voluntary (unpaid) position, with lunch and reasonable travel costs within the London area provided (to be agreed in advance).
To apply, please send your CV AND a covering letter, explaining why you are interested in this position, to
Closing Date: Friday 17th October 2014
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments due to a disability to assist you in completing your application and/or participating in a selection test or attending an interview in the event that you are short-listed.